1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Our youngest bandmate...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by plankspanker13, Dec 3, 2012.

1. plankspanker13

plankspanker13

One of our fans has an 8-year-old son who is into playing some auxiliary percussion, and adding some backing vocals, in places. Here's audio from last Saturday's "lite" trio gig. Singerbabe was under the weather, and guitard was not at his best, but it is serviceable.

http://uncorkedtheband.weebly.com/uploads/7/0/8/8/7088912/dedoda.mp3

I'm singing lead, and playing my SBMM Ray4 through a Dunlop volume pedal, Boss TU-3, MXR bass octave deluxe, and CEB-3, into a Genz Benz Shuttle 3.0 combo (1x10). Pay no attention to my one clunker note, c. 2:09. Recording done on a 90's vintage Tascam cassette 4-track, and mixed down on my Windows 8 PC, using Nero Wav Editor. Guitar & vox are through the PA, which gave me channels 1 & 2, with my bass DI into channel 4. Channel 3 is reserved for an auxiliary mic, when we have the drummer along, or, as was the case, this last Saturday, a cellist, who sat in, for 2 numbers (not on this one, however).

2. DwaynieAD

DwaynieAD Supporting Member

band I was in prior to the one I'm in now had a drummer who was 15 when I joined. I was 23 at the time. funny to be at a gig and having a beer with the drummer's parents. They were good people tho.

3. intheory

intheory

My band consists of lead singer-front man-44 years old-guitarist-52 years old-musical director-keys player-35 years old-myself (bass), 40 years old... and our drummer (my son) 20 years old (joined at 19). And he can TEAR IT UP! :)

4. pklima

pklima

Cool. Kids are fun, though I've played in church with three boys around that age on percussion and everyone wished they were a little less enthusiastic, LOL. And the most serious artistic music I've ever played was the cello part of Vivaldi's concerto for four violins, and at the time three of the violinists were maybe 11-13. No recording, but I do have a picture...

[​IMG]

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. 4dog

4dog

I was always the youngest ,,, till recently

7. bound'n'blocked

bound'n'blocked

The worship leader on our team has a son who about 13 that fills in regularly on drums that is excellent.

BnB

8. Stewie26

Stewie26 Gold Supporting Member

Yeah....thats how it works. If you keep on playing for long enough, time will creep up on you and your now thinking
    " Hey I am the oldest". Been there and done that.

9. bassmatt4792

bassmatt4792

Vocalist: 48
    Lead guitar: 23
    Rhythm guitar: 30
    Me: 20
    Drummer: 45

Just your generic run-of-the-mill bar rock band. A little awkward for me when I can't drink. Or shouldn't even be I'm some bars. Not that I want to drink anyway. Never have.

10. rtslinger

rtslinger

Keyboard player just turned 40 everyone else mid 50's early 60's