1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Out with the old & in with the new

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by audiorep2, Dec 9, 2012.

1. audiorep2

audiorep2 Supporting Member

1966 Ampeg Baby Bass is replaced by new Ramirez Caribbean.

[​IMG]
  2. audiorep2

A few words about the Ramirez. Desite the fact that Puerto Rico was hit by two hurricanes, this was delivered only 4 weeks beyond the promised date.
    Superb bass . With active and passive pickups, it produces just about any tone you could ask for.
    The colour of the wood is not quite what I expected, but it is growing on me.
    The neck is fabulous !!!
    I only had to raise the action a bit to suit my style.
    Two thumbs up for Ray !!!
  3. bassman2

bassman2

Inlay dots on the neck?? lol
  4. Jsn

Jsn

What's to laugh at? Some people prefer them, even on high-end instruments. Matter of taste.
  5. audiorep2

I requested the dots.
  6. bassman2

bassman2

Probably because he was looking for them?? One of the reasons he sold his Ampeg maybe?? I prefer mother of pearl myself....easy to pickup in low lighting.....:rolleyes: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f144/fs-azola-ampeg-baby-bass-936212/

Good luck with the new Ramirez Stu ;) Half thought about buying your old Ampeg too....but figured the wife would rather take a trip Florida this winter as a Christmas gift rather than have the Ampeg!! lol
  7. audiorep2

I have donated the Ampeg to the Music Dept at my old boarding school in Ontario.
  8. bassman2

bassman2

Wow....great gift of music there....a very nice donation on your part :)
  9. audiorep2

A family portrait before the old Ampeg gets shipped off to it's new home. 1966 BB4 on the left, new Ramirez Caribbean in the middle, late 90s Azola / Ampeg on the right.
    [​IMG]
  10. T-34

T-34

Looks like the Ramirez has shorter scale right?
  11. audiorep2

Same scale. The Ramirez is leaning back, just an optical illusion.
  12. T-34

T-34

Thanks!