Outrages GAS stories to your mate

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by 6stringvince, Feb 2, 2014.

1. 6stringvince

6stringvince Supporting Member

"I was driving home from work and there it was, a brand-new Fodera bass, in the garbage!"
    Have you ever told your better half anything as such?

2. Strat Hater

Strat Hater

1. This one has been in the repair shop for sooo long that I almost forgot about it as well.

2. It only cost me $50 on a trade for another that I never used

3. 6stringvince

Wow you're good!
    We can use this thread as a database for those"I need an excuse NOW" moments.
    Like for example what do you do if you go out grocery shopping and after two hours you only come home with a new bass? "They were out of all 37 items on the list, so I went to the music store instead", or "there was a road closure and the detour lead me to the music shop!". Or you could just voluntarily go straight to the dog house (or garage), with your new bass of course.

4. 6stringvince

Before we go any further, I just want everyone to know this is all just good humor.
    Having said that here is my contribution:

"Rob Allen is a guy I work with and he makes these on his spare time, he made this one on our lunchtime today"

And then the guy said "hey that's a nice looking Timex, I'll trade you this F-bass for it?"

And my favourite so far...
    I left the jam early last night so I could spend some time with you, and when I got home there was a bright light in the backyard, I was compelled to walk towards it, low and behold it was a spaceship hovering just above the ground, next thing I know I got beamed up to it, and of all people Elvis Pressley was on board... Well you know Elvis, we drank we ate, we partied all night, we played some songs. Finally at 7 AM I said "Elvis I really have to go", so he gave me this beautiful Martin and beamed me back to earth.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Slade N

Slade N sunn #91 AZ Bands #? Supporting Member

the devil made me buy it

if I didnt buy it some poor kids in asia would starve

I HAD to buy it...its part of ObamaCare

7. 6stringvince

I bought this one because the color really matches your eyes.