1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

"Outside the box" pedals and effects?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by adamsmatthewj, Jan 8, 2014.

1. adamsmatthewj

adamsmatthewj Supporting Member

Hey what are your favorite effects that are just slightly "left of center"? (My personal fav kind!) I'm looking past fuzz/distortion/envelopes/delay/ etc. What's truly original and different that you're using??

Seems most (not all) but most of the pedal market is saturated with only about 6 or 7 different types of effect. Octave/od/fuzz/envelope/chorus/delay/reverb/etc. what else do you like? (Although I'm glad to see Ring Mods and Bit Crushers beginning to gain some traction!)

I'm talkin:
    Red Panda particle
    Earthquaker rainbow
    Electro Faustus disruptor

Let's see em!
    And let's hear em! (Let's hear em used musically! If that's possible... Some of these it may not be lol!)
  2. CHILDISHGAMBINO

CHILDISHGAMBINO

Earthquaker Arpanoid
    Most of the Copilot stuff - Orbit, Molecule, Caracol, Antenna, Gyroscope
    Idiotbox Death Ray, Mad Doctor Stutter
  3. CHILDISHGAMBINO

CHILDISHGAMBINO

There's a some Orbit sounds on my Soundcloud in "Eating Sand" and a bunch of sound samples. All of the arpeggiations in Eating sand are the Orbit being fed 2 oct up from a Boss PS-6 and going nuts.
  4. metaball

metaball

Pedal Types: Bitcrush, Ring Modulation & there are some odd ball Fuzz Octave with Starve knobs that are interesting.

Manufacturers: Subdecay, WMD, Death by Audio, Dwarfcraft, Earthquaker Devices