1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

P Bass 5er with flat radius?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LowDownHawkeye, Feb 18, 2014.

1. LowDownHawkeye

LowDownHawkeye

Hi all - I have a Yamaha RBX375 and like the 25+" radius fingerboard. Does anyone make a mass produced P bass with relatively flat radius neck? Bonus points if it is a 5er. Even more bonus points if it has a 3-2 or 5-0 headstock. The 4-1s just look wrong.

Lacking that, am I stuck looking at a squier or low end fender and getting a neck from elsewhere? (Warmoth?) Or would I have to go custom from somewhere like Carvin?
  2. Tunaman

Tunaman Supporting Member

Standard Carvin P bass is 14" radius & thats flat
  3. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

Sadowsky & Lull, but they've got a 4+1 headstock
  4. LowDownHawkeye

LowDownHawkeye

Thanks for the suggestions. Carvin seems like the best option, since Sadowsky and Lull are probably outside my budget.

Or I could just get over the preference for flat radius...
  5. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

I was also going to say Carvin.

Are you sure about the RBX radius being that flat? I have owned a couple and I don't think they were anywhere near that flat. I am pretty sure they are a 10" radius.
  6. 5string5fingers

5string5fingers Supporting Member

25" radius!? Isn't that like concave?

Guess I'm just used to the ol fenders