1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

P-Bass body

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Kazz3lrath, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Kazz3lrath

Kazz3lrath

When ordering a P-Bass body from warmoth, it is asking if I want a battery box. Do I need one? What would be the advantages/disadvantages?

Also, it is asking what bridge pickup I want. Does anyone know if that pickup would come with the body if I pick one?
  2. Attackofmike

Attackofmike

If you're using active pickups like EMGs, then yes you could use a battery box.
    However, if you're using the normal, passive p bass pickups then don't get that hole routed into your brand new body. :eek:

When it's asking for the bridge pickup, it means what shape do you want the route/hole to be made for. They're not going to give you a pickup lol but they'll drill the hole in there so you can install that respective pickup into that place :).