OK, so I rescued this P-Bass body off of craigslist, it looks like the previous owner was going for the relic thing…but in this case he went past relic, straight to ruined. I can’t tell by looking at it whether it’s a Squier, MIM, CIJ etc…for all I know it’s just a cheap “off brand” knock off, either way it’s a suitable foundation for a project. My intention is to completely re-do this thing, I’m going to try to combine a classic color combination (more on that later) with some modern “feel” and components. This is going to be a slooow project, as it’s winter here (and really friggen cold) so that in itself is going to put a damper on my painting. OK, so here’s the body as it was when I got it. (feel free to make guesses on its origin of manufacture or it’s approx.. age). There were multiple pickguard screw holes, many were sloppy and “double drilled”, so I busted out the Titebond & toothpicks and got to plugging. Here they are rough sanded, I used a little super glue to get the holes a little more flush. Here I’m trying to fill the “gouge” that the previous owner put in it during the relic process, presumably to try and make it look like years of “thumb anchor” wear. OK, got it filled, it looks rough in the photo, but it’s actually quite smooth….gotta love super glue. Here’s a photo of the top, I got most of the “relic” wear removed, still working on the contours…trying to get it smooth & even. This bass originally came with a “5 screw” type bridge, I’m going to be going with a Fender string through body bridge, so I’m going to fill 4 of the holes, and keep the center one to help with aligning the new bridge. Fortunately I have access to a drill press at my work, it’ll make this particular part of the job much easier. I measured the depth of the existing holes, and simply marked my drill bit to that depth (I’m sure there was a way to have the drill press stop at that exact depth, but this method worked just fine). I bought a 3 foot long ¼” maple dowel, and cut 4 plugs the appropriate length. A little bit of Titebond, and in they went. Here they are sanded smooth. The bridge has been ordered, and should be here in a few days, I’ll get back at this then.