1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

P-Bass Pickups (1978 Fender & EMG)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by Chebass88, Feb 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chebass88

Chebass88 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

I have two sets of Precision bass pickups for sale.

I had installed the EMG pickups on 1978 PBass in 2003. Since then, I wanted to return to a stock P-bass sound, so I bought some loose Fender P pickups. I ended up installing Lindy Fralins , so I no longer need the EMG pups or 1978 pickups.

DETAILS:
    EMG pickups: Decent condition, comes with full wiring harness. They are in good operating condition. Used regularly from 2003 until 2012.

1978 Fender Pickups: Condition unknown (I never hooked them up), with plastic pickup covers. Marking on back appears to be "1878". The bottoms appear to have a solid on them, however, they were like this when I got them, and the seller did not know either. I was assured these came from a 1978 P-bass. These are NOT currently wired. These would be great for a late-70s PBass build. These pickups are sold AS-IS.

This can be viewed as a set of EMG pickups for a great price, with the 78 pickups thrown in for free.

PRICE: $40.00 OBO, shipping included

PAYMENT: Paypal, cash (if local pickup). $5.00 discount if cash.

TRADES: Junk silver coins (half dollars, quarters, and dimes pre-1964), silver rounds, or bullion coins - make an offer!

PHOTOS:

EMG pickups:
    [​IMG]

BAck of EMG pickups with wiring harness:[​IMG]

Wiring harness & pots of EMG pickups (just connect the battery & you're up & running!)[​IMG]

Fender P-bass covers, viewed from underside & top:[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Loose pickups:[​IMG]

Back view:[​IMG]

Help me unload these!
  2. stonehenge

stonehenge Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

3. Chebass88

Chebass88 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%