1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

P bass Special

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pfactor2, Jul 7, 2013.

1. pfactor2

pfactor2

I frequent a local repair consignment shop here in south florida. First bass , which I still own is a 69 P . Gig with mostly J Am standard. I picked up this P bass special ( J neck P body active) but built somewhere Indonesia maybe . But it played and sounded good to me . Any other experience with these models?
  2. FourBanger

FourBanger

Indonesia would make it a Squier, and AFAIK all of the Squier P Specials were passive basses. MIA or MIM for active Fender P Specials.

Of course if its not a Fender/Squier product it could be anything
  3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    If you liked it, that's all that matters.
  4. Crazyeelboy

Crazyeelboy Gold Supporting Member

I have played a MIM P Special for years and have been very happy with it.
  5. pfactor2

pfactor2

Looks like I need to take a closer look. Thanks