Palmer pdi-09

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by kringle77, Oct 26, 2012.

1. kringle77

kringle77 Supporting Member

I just got one of these the other day and like it. I haven't had the chance to gig with it yet but can already tell that it will work well. The 3 settings are each useful and the unit lightweight and well built. I wouldn't say that it totally sounds like a speaker but, considering that there won't be any mic bleed to clutter a mix and that it removes the issues of mic placement, stands, etc., I'd just go with this live 95% of the time. I still prefer mics for recording.

That being said, I may not actually ever use this live because I am having an fdeck HPF3 and a sansamp Bass VT built into a rackmount with xlr and 1/4" in/outs and phantom power. But, I don't plan to get rid of the Palmer anytime soon. It's solid sound, ease of use and the fact that it's passive makes this one simple and reliable box.

2. father of fires

father of fires Supporting Member

Hmmmmmmmm fdeck sansamp???

Sounds awesome.

I've been looking at the Palmers. Do you run a lot of dirt before it?

3. bassboysam

bassboysam

Been eyeing the pdi-09; any ideas as to which frequencies it starts the roll off?

4. kringle77

kringle77 Supporting Member

If you do a quick search on google photos you will find the frequency response chart to show you the roll offs. I found the palmer to work best between the amp and cab or driver really hard by a preamp.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Mads

Mads Supporting Member

I use mine in "Mellow" mode wgich has this response curve.

[​IMG]

7. bassboysam

bassboysam

How does it handle the output of the SVT? Has anyone tried it wi a big tube amp?