Parallel effects processing

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by JehuJava, Dec 17, 2013.

1. JehuJava

JehuJava I endorse myself Supporting Member

I'm thinking about trying this. Not many effect pedal based samples are on the internet. Anyone have any good samples of this? I mean beyond running a clean channel and effect channel. Maybe something with multiple effects on different channels at the same time?
  2. cheapbasslovin

cheapbasslovin

Media:
  3. JehuJava

That's pretty interesting. Is that just bass or is there any guitar mixed in?
  4. cheapbasslovin

cheapbasslovin

Media:
    All bass all the time, baby! :bassist:

HOG is pretty amazing for hitting some of those high notes.

I actually am not in love with either of the last two, but they were what I had online. Filter in parallel with octave is one off my all time favorite sounds, but that clip is... underwhelming.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. DagoMaino

DagoMaino Supporting Member

I'm rebuilding my board, but I will try to post something when I'm done. I go 3 parralel channels with another parallel set-up on one of those... effects on every branch... It's way overkill for most uses but for electro/dance music it gives my some pretty unique capabilities. My most common use for all channels is one channel with more organic bass sounds, one with synth layers and crazy tail effects and one that is mashed and verbed into textural pad land...
  7. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

8. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

There's a bass player in a little English rock band called Muse you might want to check out ;)
  9. shenanigans

shenanigans

I dunno, that's a pretty fringe band. Those tones might not be something you can use in a band context.:p
  10. JehuJava

I wasn't aware that he was using parallel effects processing...but then again I definitely haven't been stalking him on TB :) maybe I should be.
  11. JehuJava

I'd be interested to hear this when you get a chance.

What's everyone using to split their signals? Wounded paw, schism, something else?
  12. cheapbasslovin

cheapbasslovin

Media:
    I used a custom version of the Schism before Badger became Badger. Mine is nowhere near as badarse as the new ones are, but it has two loops and switching options for muting or bypassing the loop.

I was all about Badger Effects before it was cool. /hipster'd :D