1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Parallel Wiring Diagram

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by TheDeJay, Jul 26, 2004.

1. TheDeJay

TheDeJay

Here is all stats and specs for what I am trying to get done

I use a 2 volume, 1 tone, NO switch Standard American Jazz Bass Guitar. I recently purchased the Dimarzio dp149 Ultra Jazz Pickup Set. I HAVE already looked through the "read this before posting" area and found it to be NOT useful because there aren't any posts that either show diagrams or any step by step instructions to achieve a parallel wiring setup with the split coil humbuckers. Now as i mentionned i am not using a switch and am not wanting to use it so if anyone could please give me some assistance it would be much appreciated. Also again... I HAVE read the sticky's already and did not find any useful information for my situation.

thanks a bunch.

summary:
    2 volume, 1 tone, NO switch
    Standard American Jazz Bass Guitar
    Dimarzio dp149 Ultra Jazz Pickup Set
    Need a parallel wiring diagram for split coil configuration w/o a push/pull switch. or any switch for that matter.

2. A9X

A9X

Download this from the Dimarzio site to explain it all. Also email tech@dimarzio.com if you get stuck, they're helpful and prompt.

But basically, when you remove your current pickups, note which lead is 'hot', ie connects to one of the lugs on the pot. Then get your UJ and solder the red and white, and green and black wires together (to get two lots of two wires) and connect the R/W to where the 'hot' was on your old pickup. Connect the G/B to where the 'cold' was. Do the same for the other pickup. Voila.

3. NYCBass

NYCBass Gold Supporting Member

I had the same question. Thanks A9X.

4. line6man

line6man

5. Register to disable this ad