Parts drawer cleanout FOR TRADE (knobs, guard, tuners, bridge, strings)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by JimmyThunder, Feb 17, 2014.

1. JimmyThunder

JimmyThunder Supporting Member

Cleaning out my parts bin to help finish up a project I'm working on. All of this stuff has been sitting in my drawer for a couple of years at least so I am not really sure where most of it came from. My fuzzy memories and descriptions will have to serve as good enough.

BRIDGE: This is a black high-mass bridge, nice and heavy, in the Gotoh style but it is not Gotoh. Top-loader. Excellent condition. Comes with screws (pictured). It looks to me like it would bolt right into this Fender MIM I have sitting here with no mods but that's just eyeballing it, your mileage may vary.
    [​IMG]

TUNERS:
    Set of chrome 4-in-line with bushings and screws, one screw missing. These either came off a Fender MIM or a Squire Vintage Modified, I can't remember. Excellent condition.
    [​IMG]

PICKGUARD: Yeah, it's a telecaster (guitar) guard. I'm pretty sure it's Fender MIM. I would describe the color as "ten year old slightly yellowed white plastic". Surface scrapes etc, but overall decent shape if you're not looking for a "brand new" look. No cracks.
    [​IMG]

HERE'S WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR IN TRADE:
    A black jazz bass pickguard, ideally MIM. A "relic" or genuinely old and beat up Fender-style bridge and control plate.

A LOTTA KNOBS: Collected over the years from who knows where. Strat knobs - black with white writing, cream with gold writing, white with black or gold writing. Precision / Telecaster knobs...some black push-on, some chrome push-on, some chrome set-screw, some flat-top some dome-top. Random vintage amp/electronics knobs. And one heavyweight metal knob with a skull on top and a set screw. Best way to handle this would probably be to tell me what you are looking for along these lines and I'll let you know if I have that magic combination.
    [​IMG]

A set of Jazz Bass knobs, hopefully beat-up looking. Or maybe natural wood to match my natural ash body.

STRINGS: Rotosound 88 Tapewounds. I have a lightly used set (cut for a 4-inline) and a new-in-package set.

Flatwounds, ideally Rotosounds. I'll trade used-for-used or new-for-new.

2. Ploonter

Ploonter Supporting Member

If you decide you want to sell any of that, I'd like to discuss the black bridge and all of the non-plastic knobs.
    Thanks-

3. Stooltork

Stooltork

I could use the tuners. Price?

4. JimmyThunder

JimmyThunder Supporting Member

At this time I'm just looking for trades for a few specific things I need for a project. Soon when I'm done building that thing, whatever here wasn't traded away (plus some other stuff) will show up in a "for sale" thread.

5. Register to disable this ad