1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

Parts drawer cleanout FOR TRADE (knobs, guard, tuners, bridge, strings)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by JimmyThunder, Feb 17, 2014.

1. JimmyThunder

JimmyThunder Supporting Member

Cleaning out my parts bin to help finish up a project I'm working on. All of this stuff has been sitting in my drawer for a couple of years at least so I am not really sure where most of it came from. My fuzzy memories and descriptions will have to serve as good enough.

BRIDGE: This is a black high-mass bridge, nice and heavy, in the Gotoh style but it is not Gotoh. Top-loader. Excellent condition. Comes with screws (pictured). It looks to me like it would bolt right into this Fender MIM I have sitting here with no mods but that's just eyeballing it, your mileage may vary.
    [​IMG]

TUNERS:
    Set of chrome 4-in-line with bushings and screws, one screw missing. These either came off a Fender MIM or a Squire Vintage Modified, I can't remember. Excellent condition.
    [​IMG]

PICKGUARD: Yeah, it's a telecaster (guitar) guard. I'm pretty sure it's Fender MIM. I would describe the color as "ten year old slightly yellowed white plastic". Surface scrapes etc, but overall decent shape if you're not looking for a "brand new" look. No cracks.
    [​IMG]

HERE'S WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR IN TRADE:
    A black jazz bass pickguard, ideally MIM. A "relic" or genuinely old and beat up Fender-style bridge and control plate.

A LOTTA KNOBS: Collected over the years from who knows where. Strat knobs - black with white writing, cream with gold writing, white with black or gold writing. Precision / Telecaster knobs...some black push-on, some chrome push-on, some chrome set-screw, some flat-top some dome-top. Random vintage amp/electronics knobs. And one heavyweight metal knob with a skull on top and a set screw. Best way to handle this would probably be to tell me what you are looking for along these lines and I'll let you know if I have that magic combination.
    [​IMG]

A set of Jazz Bass knobs, hopefully beat-up looking. Or maybe natural wood to match my natural ash body.

STRINGS: Rotosound 88 Tapewounds. I have a lightly used set (cut for a 4-inline) and a new-in-package set.

Flatwounds, ideally Rotosounds. I'll trade used-for-used or new-for-new.

2. Ploonter

Ploonter Supporting Member

If you decide you want to sell any of that, I'd like to discuss the black bridge and all of the non-plastic knobs.
    Thanks-

3. Stooltork

Stooltork

I could use the tuners. Price?

4. JimmyThunder

JimmyThunder Supporting Member

At this time I'm just looking for trades for a few specific things I need for a project. Soon when I'm done building that thing, whatever here wasn't traded away (plus some other stuff) will show up in a "for sale" thread.

5. Register to disable this ad