Parts sites for Canada

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by awilkie84, Jan 14, 2014.

1. awilkie84

awilkie84

So, places like Basspartsresource, BestBassGear, Guitarfetish, Allparts, WDMusic, Rondo, etc are all based in the states. These companies supply cheap to expensive parts.

Are there any companies like this based in Canada? I want to build a parts bass & was considering some GFS parts, but the duty can be a bit much and take the value out of doing it.

2. Michedelic

Michedelic

Bezdez on Ebay; I've gotten tons of great stuff(mainly hardware/bridges)over the years and I'm always happy.

3. shawshank72

shawshank72

4. shawshank72

shawshank72

If your looking for some pickups i would suggest tone emporium off ebay.
    Great pickups at a great price. Their p pups are fantastic.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. awilkie84

awilkie84

Have either of you used their tuners, or know who makes them? $30 for a set of Chrome tuners is tempting...to chrome out the hardware on my Jackson. :D

7. shawshank72

shawshank72

Thats the one thing i havent bought from them, sorry.

8. Hawkbone

Hawkbone Supporting Member

I bought cast clover leaf tuners for a p-bass from bezdez. So far, so good. They look great and work fine. That said, they don't see much use.

9. awilkie84

awilkie84

I think I'm going to order this from them:

[​IMG]

It's like a Spector bridge, but chrome & cheap. :D

Perfect for my Fender "Coda-P Pro" build. I'm pairing a spector tonepump pre with an SPB-3 pickup in a Fender P-bass and that bridge would be the icing on the cake.

10. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass

Just ordered a bunch of stuff from Best Bass Gear. Free shipping to Canada over $50 and awesome service. I'll be using them again for sure!

11. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

The only Canadian parts retailer I can think of were a scam site, guitarpartscanada or something like that. It has been a few years since I "dealt" with them, but it was mostly just me placing an order, getting frustrated at a total lack of communication, and filing a paypal dispute. They finally started talking once I contacted paypal, but I was done by that point.

There is an ebay seller out of Edmonton that has lots of after market pickguards, I have not used him in a couple years though.

As long as your not ordering anything major, just have it shipped USPS. You won't get dinged unless your package is $150+ in my experience.

12. StevieMac

StevieMac

+1

I ordered from Best Bass Gear last month and I wasn't charged any tax or duty. My order came to $104 US.

13. Michedelic

Michedelic

Re:Bezdez...Even their 'budget' tuners(Korean made, not Chinese), like this...
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/REVERSIBLE-...834?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item5d2f2f656a
    are quite usable; they have had heftier Fender Cloverleaf style sets in the past which I have also gotten, but right at this moment they have none listed; then again they're always updating their store, so check back. Other than that, here's another round of primarily positve feedback...
    http://www.tdpri.com/forum/tele-home-depot/304288-bezdez-parts-ebay.html