1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Passive A/B switch stomp?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by miggychunt, Feb 25, 2014.

1. miggychunt

miggychunt

I'm looking for a passive switch stomp (so I can beef up my sound with a subwoofer on command), but can anyone recommend anything but the EHX switchblade? I've heard bad things about it regarding not being true bypass, A->B sound bleed etc.

Is the switchblade really that bad? If so, what else is there?
  2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

This is for a speaker? You can't use a regular instrument-level device, like the Switchblade, or anything like it. You need something specifically for a speaker.
  3. miggychunt

miggychunt

No, it would be for a 15" powered sub. I know how that part of it works, but I just need something to switch the sound on and off.
  4. miggychunt

miggychunt

I would basically be using it as a passive mute switch from a "line out" from my head to the subwoofer. I just can't seem to find any cheap options for a passive mute switch, either.
  5. jumblemind

jumblemind I also answer to Bryan Supporting Member

Couldn't you make your own with two jacks, a footswitch, some wire and any kind of box or can? Otherwise, Mooer makes a small ABY switch, and Morley makes a larger one.
  6. Nephilymbass

Nephilymbass Supporting Member

I have a Morley aby that i used to use to switch between and combine two amps. As far as i know it is passive. The pedal works with or without a battery. Sound is identical either way leaving me to believe the battery is only for the lights.
  7. lava4485

lava4485

How about Radial Big shot ABY? My brother uses one to switch channels on his amp.... Its an awesome stuff..... Pretty pricey though! :)
  8. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

wait he mentioned he wanted to use it to switch cab? i dont think any of our recommendation will work here though
  9. jumblemind

jumblemind I also answer to Bryan Supporting Member

Not to switch cabs. He's adding and removing a powered cabinet from the Line Out on his amp.
  10. miggychunt

miggychunt

Yeah, what jumblemind said.
  11. eeyorebass

eeyorebass