1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Passive A/B switch stomp?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by miggychunt, Feb 25, 2014.

1. miggychunt

miggychunt Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I'm looking for a passive switch stomp (so I can beef up my sound with a subwoofer on command), but can anyone recommend anything but the EHX switchblade? I've heard bad things about it regarding not being true bypass, A->B sound bleed etc.

Is the switchblade really that bad? If so, what else is there?

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    This is for a speaker? You can't use a regular instrument-level device, like the Switchblade, or anything like it. You need something specifically for a speaker.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. miggychunt

Nov 19, 2012
    Grand Rapids, MI
    No, it would be for a 15" powered sub. I know how that part of it works, but I just need something to switch the sound on and off.

5. miggychunt

Nov 19, 2012
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I would basically be using it as a passive mute switch from a "line out" from my head to the subwoofer. I just can't seem to find any cheap options for a passive mute switch, either.

6. jumblemind

jumblemind I also answer to Bryan Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Knoxville
    Couldn't you make your own with two jacks, a footswitch, some wire and any kind of box or can? Otherwise, Mooer makes a small ABY switch, and Morley makes a larger one.

7. I have a Morley aby that i used to use to switch between and combine two amps. As far as i know it is passive. The pedal works with or without a battery. Sound is identical either way leaving me to believe the battery is only for the lights.

8. lava4485

lava4485

Dec 31, 2013
    How about Radial Big shot ABY? My brother uses one to switch channels on his amp.... Its an awesome stuff..... Pretty pricey though! :)

9. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

Oct 9, 2011
    Singapore
    wait he mentioned he wanted to use it to switch cab? i dont think any of our recommendation will work here though

10. jumblemind

jumblemind I also answer to Bryan Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Knoxville
    Not to switch cabs. He's adding and removing a powered cabinet from the Line Out on his amp.

11. miggychunt

Nov 19, 2012
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Yeah, what jumblemind said.

12. eeyorebass

eeyorebass

Jan 2, 2008