1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Patagonia, and South America in General

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by stevetx19, Jan 26, 2014.

1. stevetx19

stevetx19 Supporting Member

Anyone done affordable treks through Patagonia? I'm taking about 2 months starting in November to see as much of the area as possible. I'm psyched to do the Inca trail, and am wondering if there are similar treks in the Patagonia. I don't have the budget for the types of trips i'm seeing in initial research, but i'd love to hear ideas/advice from anyone who has found ways to get into Patagonia for 3-8 days for cheapish - ideally heading out from Puerto Montt. I'm much more interested in renting some gear and heading out on my own than doing a guided tour - and am happy to stay within short bus trips of Puerto Montt, so not too deep in. Anyway - i'm interesting in hearing anyone's experiences/advice.
  2. jmorbita

jmorbita

I don't really know around Puerto Montt, but you might want to consider TORRES DEL PAINE, way down south.

I have no idea about costs though.
    TORRES DEL PAINE park in Chile, gorgeous place.

here's a map:

[​IMG]

On the argentine side you might want to check out EL CHALTEN,
    http://www.elchalten.com/index.php

a very popular place in Argentina is BARILOCHE, I have not been trekking there, but have been there and it's a beautiful place, with easy access.
    http://www.bariloche.org/
    Bariloche is on the argentine side, to the right of Puerto Montt on the map. sort of.

If you want to stay around Puerto Montt, though, I really have no idea were you should go, sorry!
    good luck with your trip!