1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Patch cable question: how do I make this happen?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MicG, Aug 17, 2013.

1. MicG

MicG Supporting Member

Simple.

I want to attach the end (left side) of one row of pedals to the beginning (right side) of a new row underneath.

I have a Pedaltrain Jr.

Obviously, regular sized patch cables are too small since I'm reaching across the pedalboard (running underneath the board and over to the other side).

How should I go about doing this?
  2. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Make your own patch cord, or go online and find one the length you need.
  3. mattbass6945

mattbass6945

cables are sold in a lot of different sizes, not just 15' or 6". i picked up (2) 1' cables today and will probably go back for a 3' tomorrow.
  4. yaksonator

yaksonator Supporting Member

5. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS * Supporting Member

The obvious answer is to make your own or buy a longer cable.

Another answer could be to not place your pedals in two rows but rather alternating between lower and upper rows, provided your patch cables aren't super short.

Personally I use George L solder-less cables and make each cable to the exact length I need.
  6. Randy S

Randy S

If you make your own, use solder type ends, and real wire, not the cheap cable with fake wire consisting of foil wrapped around fabric.