Paul McCartney on Saturday Night Live 12-15-12

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Richland123, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Richland123

Richland123

2. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

Both those songs were very good. But the other one with the remaining members of Nirvana was terrible IMO! Just a bunch of noise. My wife finally turned it off because she couldn't take it any longer. I know that sometimes the sound quality of SNL artists is not the best but that song just sounded bad to us. That whining cigar box slide guitar Paul was playing certainly didn't help!
    I don't see a video for that song on the NBC website either. Maybe they felt the same way?
  3. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

It's Sir Paul he is a world treasure and who knows how long he will be able to or want to perform. I just love any opportunity to see him. I agree it wasn't perfect but they could have gotten Jennifer Lopez to do it.
  4. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Huh. The Nirvana thing is probably the best thing he has done in years. And I am a huge Macca fan. Different strokes for different folks I guess. I think both of those songs up there are garbage. If I have to listen to Wonderful Christmas Time ever again I think I'll vomit.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Richland123

Richland123

The McCartney & Nirvana song was on AMC, not NBC.
  7. 254 stringer

254 stringer Supporting Member

Is there anybody that looks happier to be doing what they are doing than Pat Smear. That dude always looks like he's having a great time.
  8. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Really? When they played it again on SNL last night it was on AMC?
  9. Wally Malone

Wally Malone

Disclosures:
    AFM International Representative
  10. Rocker949

Rocker949

We can't be so sure it didn't happen that way in an alternative universe.
  11. Rocker949

Rocker949

The SNL version of the song with remnants of Nirvana wasn't as good as the Hurricane Sandy Benefit version, but it was still good. Watching Paul collaborate like that made me fully realize how great he can be when he collaborates with someone. It makes me realize even more what a team Lennon and McCartney were and that they were equals, even if I went through much of my life being more of a John Lennon fan.

12. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

It was on SNL last night. It was the second song. Not sure what you mean by AMC?
  13. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender and Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    I haven't spoken with anyone who liked what he did with Nirvana.
  14. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

And I haven't spoken with anyone who has liked anything he's done since around 1985.
  15. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

I guess you and I haven't had a conversation it's Sir Paul he hasn't " had" to do anything since the Beatles. I think next time you should offer your services and make it a better show.
  16. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

There's no bigger Beatles fanatic than me, but personally I haven't really dug anything Paul has written since Wings disbanded. Give My Regards To Broad Street was okay, but that contained a lot of remixes. I was quite impressed with what he did the other night with Grohl and Novoselic. He don't need my help, he is obviously happy doing what he is doing.
  17. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN" Supporting Member

Paul needs to pack it up!:bag:
  18. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Well, I for one would certainly understand if he did. Same goes for The Rolling Stones, but hey, if they want to keep going, power to 'em. If it were me I would bail out once it became obvious that my material was sub par. 6 or 7 albums worth should have been enough of a hint.;)
  19. Richland123

Richland123

The 12-12-12 Hurricane Sandy Concert was on AMC.
  20. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Yeah, I know. Read the post I was responding to.;)
  21. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

SNL airs on NBC.