1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

Pavel Hadara 6, very nice.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Brad Johnson, Nov 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Disclosures:
    Brubaker Guitars
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is an older Pavel Hadara 6 model AFAIK. Walnut top, Bubinga wings, EMG pickups and two band preamp with volume/pan/bass/treble plus mute switch. Looks as good as the photos, plays and sounds even better. Frets and finish just gone over by a professional. $2650 shipped to the lower 48 with a gigbag. Not really looking for trades unless it's really, really something out of the ordinary.

EDIT: Just been informed that this is a Macabee, not Hadara. Not sure what the difference is in the models.
  2. widjajar

widjajar

Media:
    can't go wrong with Pavel! bump for you...
  3. hersonRS3

hersonRS3 Supporting Member

4. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Disclosures:
    Brubaker Guitars
  5. MarkA

MarkA Registered Schmoozer. Supporting Member

Looks nice. Pretty but still businesslike -- not as in plain, but as in "Let's get to work!"

Do you know the scale length and spacing on this bass? Also, is that a small crack pictured near the bottom strap button?

How would you characterize the tone and feel of this bass? Anything you'd compare it to/contrast it with?

Brad, you might not recall it, but you helped me out months back with some valuable perspective on a couple of basses I was considering -- so, bump for a knowledgeable and helpful guy who'll give you a hand just because.
  6. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Disclosures:
    Brubaker Guitars
    Thanks, Mark.

34" scale, looks like around 17.5-18mm spacing. It can go narrower. I have it set up asymmetrically... a little wider on the C string side since I prefer 19mm spacing. With this setup I have no problems getting my fingers between the upper strings to pull on them. Basically the same setup I did on my 97 Zon Legacy Standard fretless5 and 1984 Tobias 5, both long term gigging basses of mine. I have no issues playing this bass.

The crack is smooth to the touch, you can see it in both close-up pics. Doesn't look like it's going anywhere and doesn't affect anything.

Nice B, very open sounding bass with lots of highs on tap. Kind of Smith-like with a more open top end. I have it strung with DR Fatbeam stainless steel. Actually pretty similar to my 92 Ash/Wenge MTD 635. I use Nickel strings on the MTD, they would probably be nice on this for someone who wanted a different sound.

Glad I could help and thanks again.
    :cool:
  7. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Disclosures:
    Brubaker Guitars
    Pavel Macabee bump

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.