SOLD Pavel Hadara 6, very nice.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Brad Johnson, Nov 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Brubaker Guitars
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is an older Pavel Hadara 6 model AFAIK. Walnut top, Bubinga wings, EMG pickups and two band preamp with volume/pan/bass/treble plus mute switch. Looks as good as the photos, plays and sounds even better. Frets and finish just gone over by a professional. $2650 shipped to the lower 48 with a gigbag. Not really looking for trades unless it's really, really something out of the ordinary.

EDIT: Just been informed that this is a Macabee, not Hadara. Not sure what the difference is in the models.

2. widjajar

widjajar

Media:
    can't go wrong with Pavel! bump for you...

3. hersonRS3

hersonRS3

4. Brad Johnson

Disclosures:
    Brubaker Guitars
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MarkA

MarkA Registered Schmoozer. Supporting Member

Looks nice. Pretty but still businesslike -- not as in plain, but as in "Let's get to work!"

Do you know the scale length and spacing on this bass? Also, is that a small crack pictured near the bottom strap button?

How would you characterize the tone and feel of this bass? Anything you'd compare it to/contrast it with?

Brad, you might not recall it, but you helped me out months back with some valuable perspective on a couple of basses I was considering -- so, bump for a knowledgeable and helpful guy who'll give you a hand just because.

7. Brad Johnson

Disclosures:
    Brubaker Guitars
    Thanks, Mark.

34" scale, looks like around 17.5-18mm spacing. It can go narrower. I have it set up asymmetrically... a little wider on the C string side since I prefer 19mm spacing. With this setup I have no problems getting my fingers between the upper strings to pull on them. Basically the same setup I did on my 97 Zon Legacy Standard fretless5 and 1984 Tobias 5, both long term gigging basses of mine. I have no issues playing this bass.

The crack is smooth to the touch, you can see it in both close-up pics. Doesn't look like it's going anywhere and doesn't affect anything.

Nice B, very open sounding bass with lots of highs on tap. Kind of Smith-like with a more open top end. I have it strung with DR Fatbeam stainless steel. Actually pretty similar to my 92 Ash/Wenge MTD 635. I use Nickel strings on the MTD, they would probably be nice on this for someone who wanted a different sound.

Glad I could help and thanks again.
    :cool:

8. Brad Johnson

Disclosures:
    Brubaker Guitars

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.