1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Pawn Shop Bass VI

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tommygunn, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

All I see on here is people complaining that there isn't a cheap bass vi... and now there is. Is nobody else excited?

I can't wait to get one, the bass vi is a post-rock machine, but I'm a little disappointed with the electronics so we'll have to see how that sounds first.
  2. plankspanker13

plankspanker13

Not too many Robert Smith wannabes, here on TB.
  3. ggvicviper

ggvicviper P is the Key. Call me Marc or Marky Potatoes. Gold Supporting Member

I'm pretty stoked about it. I wonder where you'll even be able to try one by me.
  4. thedudebrah

thedudebrah Supporting Member

5. Meddle

Meddle

Seems strange that Fender get picked to pieces for creating something new, then picked to pieces for playing it too safe.
  6. jbiscuti

jbiscuti Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Grolsch Strap Locks
    Already ordered one! A sunburst model. :)

I used to have a '63, but for all the money I had invested in it, it was a pretty limited-use piece. I'm so psyched to be able to have one again; this time for a low price. :)
  7. ggvicviper

ggvicviper P is the Key. Call me Marc or Marky Potatoes. Gold Supporting Member

That's just how it is with Fender. Can't please everybody.

Luckily I don't do that though! I'm really excited about this.
  8. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

I'm looking forward to it. I'm probably 70% sure I'm gonna pick one up.
  9. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

10. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

Yes, I know there's already a thread, but it's become so inundated with snarky, negative comments, I don't want to open it anymore. I'm glad you opened this new thread. Maybe it'll have better luck.
  11. hachi kid

hachi kid

I ordered one in Candy Apple Red last night from zzounds! should be here thursday! I used their $100/mo installment plan...can't wait!
  12. 254 stringer

254 stringer Supporting Member

Post lots of pics and give us a review. I really want one of these but haven't heard many actual users talking about them only lots of speculation about how they must suck.
  13. hachi kid

hachi kid

Indeed. Gonna try to get a video made this weekend.
  14. CincoBoy

CincoBoy

I found out about this instrument only on Wednesday (Jan 30) and called a rep at the local guitar center. He said they had one in stock in Sunburst (YES!)

Needless to say Thursday I snagged it! :hyper:

Attached Files:

• VI.jpg
      VI.jpg
      File size:
      330.6 KB
      Views:
  15. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

I also played one at GC recently. The only reason I didn't leave with it is because it was sunburst, too dark for me. I have a Jaguar guitar in oly white and tort, but they don't make it in that color :(

I'll be ordering one in CAR in the next few weeks if I can get my equipment sold.
  16. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Yeah. The old tried & true. But Fenders have that tone.
  17. klaus486

klaus486

Disclosures:
    sales geek Portland Music co.
    We've got one here at Portland Music in Beaverton Oregon. I dig it WAY more than I thought I ever would. Sounds fantastic through an EVH 1/2 stack. Useable tones out of all the pickups and it comes strung with roundwound strings. Every other one I've ever seen had flats.