1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

PAZ signature model LUNA bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dropbass, Sep 2, 2008.

1. dropbass

dropbass

umm well i want one they look awesome simple clean and i actually like the head stock ... which is a non selling point for so many basses i see .... i dont want to implale...people with my headstock...blunt hurts way more:hyper: anybody get their hands on one yet hows the sound?????
  2. dropbass

dropbass

aww ywah
  3. Alienation

Alienation

I don't own one but I too like the looks and design. Paz isn't too bad either. :)
  4. dropbass

dropbass

yup and you cant beat the price...its in this months bass player
    ...man i got GAS now bad
  5. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money... Supporting Member

They look really nice, though I'd replace the pickguard. A bit too "girly" for my taste (but since it's Paz's sig model, I guess "girly" is the point). I wonder how they sound.
  6. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Gravity Picks
    ITs like, if Gucci met P bass.

Its okay, but now really my thing.
  7. Figjam

Figjam Supporting Member

Never would have thought to see a paz sig bass, not that she isnt great, just didnt think enough people knew who she was.
  8. hover

hover

Ok, well, it's a P bass (variant) with all other things considered, I have a sneaking suspicion it sounds like a P bass. With a "nifty" pickguard.

Now how it plays is another thing entirely.
  9. hover

hover

10. Figjam

Figjam Supporting Member

Thats really not a bad price at all. If it plays as good as a MIM fender or better ya got yourself a deal.
  11. dropbass

dropbass

the mohog body man i bet it rumbles ....and is super light..and it comes in black....its a bit girls but what ever and the desgin is burned into the cedar pickguard which is pretty cool
  12. Eilif

Eilif

I didn't expect to like this bass when I saw the small pics of it a while back, but the BP review/pics and the luna website http://www.lunaguitars.com/electricproduct/pazbass.php really make me want the 5 stringer especially. I actually like the pickguard and the inlays. It would look great in a country band.

No word on the price of the 5 string, but this could end up being the least expenisve single pickup 5-string p-bass on the market.
  13. dropbass

dropbass

the 5string is like 600..or something its in this months bassplayer
  14. Buskman

Buskman

I was intrigued too when I saw/read about the 5'er in BP. A cheap P5 - cool!

The only downside I can see so far is it looks like they've used a 4 string P pickup for it... :meh: And the string spacing looks to be pretty tight (1 5/8" nut!)

I'd love to try one out regardless. My friend owns a shop nearby that is a Luna dealer. I'll see if I can get an approximate street price from him & I'll let you guys know.
  15. deepvibration

deepvibration

I saw one at a pawn shop for 199. Didn't know it was a deal. The head stock did strike out like vintage and the pickguard looked custom. My wife said oh it says luna on it!