1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Pbass Wiring Help

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by DougBass, Feb 23, 2013.

1. DougBass

DougBass Supporting Member

I ordered a wiring harness for my pbass. I attached the black wire from my pickup to the black and white wire of the harness, and the white wire to the all white wire. I attached the ground to the bridge. I did look at several wiring diagrams and it looks right.

Put it all together and the bass sounds awesome, but the pots don't effect the sound at all. It is like the pickup is attached to the jack.

Any ideas what is wrong?

Thanks!

2. BassManMike73

BassManMike73

3. bumperbass

bumperbass

What harness? From whom? Colors don't mean a thing without a pic or make/model.

4. DougBass

Working on pics right now. It is from Bayou Cables.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. DougBass

7. Cadfael

Cadfael

I found one or two mistakes at the volume pot ...

Is the "right" lug of the volume pot really soldered to the housing (as it should) or does the wire only go through the lug without being wired to it?
    The wire which goes through the right lug has to be soldered to this lug as well as the housing.

The major fault:
    The white wire from the PU is correct at the "left" lug of the volume pot.
    But the other wire (coming from the tone pot) is wrong!
    It has to be soldered to the middle lug of the volume pot.
    When the pot is turned fully clockwise, the middle and left lug are connected.
    When the pot is turned fully anticlockwise, the middle and right lug are connected (which produces a shortcut and the volume is down).