1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please make yourself at home! I've deleted the previous "migration" threads, please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

peavey 412txf question

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by dukey donkey, Jan 24, 2014.

1. dukey donkey

dukey donkey

I'm planning on replacing the speakers with eminence 12lfa's. My first question: will it work? Q #2: can I pair it with a peacetime headliner 410 if the 412 is wired 8 ohms and get what I want soundwise, which is like an 810 but with more bottom? I hear 410s and 412s don't mix well...
  2. dukey donkey

dukey donkey

That's peavey. Not peacetime ....autocorrect
  3. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Crap shoot on those drivers. More of a crap shoot pairing it with the 410.
  4. dukey donkey

dukey donkey

Maybe a 4x8 instead?
  5. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Instead of what? The 410? no. I can see that working any better.

I recommend you find a cab you like the sound of on its own. Then add as many matching cabs as you need to get as loud as you want.
  6. dukey donkey

dukey donkey

Would the 412 work well as a stand alone? Trying to cut through. 2 loud guitar stacks. I'm running a lm800 head.