1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Peavey BAC-2 Bi-Amp Bass Chorus

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ebozzz, Dec 3, 2002.

1. ebozzz

ebozzz

Does anyone have any experience with one of these pedals? If so, I'd love to hear what you think about it. Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

I don't know how or why, but I've accumulated 3 of them. Kinda odd since I don't use them at all. Actually, I do use one of them. For guitar. It's alright IMO. There is probably much better, but I don't have alot of experience with Choruses. It does make some really neat spacey noises.
  3. ebozzz

ebozzz

I hope that I disagree with you on your opinion of them because I just picked one up for $15.00 bucks! :D ;) I won't have a chance to try it until probably this weekend. Thanks for sharing your opinion of it with me.

Anyone else?
  4. SoComSurfing

Man, for $15 I don't think you can do too much wrong! Hope you like it! The manual isn't any help if you don't have that. But for $15 you're bound to find a sound or two that you like!
  5. ebozzz

ebozzz

I definitely hope that I can find a few tones that I like. I have the manual and you're right, it's not much help. :rolleyes: Mine is in effect a brand new pedal because it was one that never got sold at the store that I picked it up from.
  6. bassbrad

bassbrad

I have a BAC2 that I like to use for recording, I'd use it more but it is hard on batteries. If the store still has the right power supply I'd strongly suggest getting one, and if they have 2 I'd love to get one.
  7. ebozzz

ebozzz

Hey Brad,

It's just a 200ma 9 volt DC AC adapter with an 1/8" plug. You can probably get one from Radio Shack. If you want to order one from your Peavey dealer, here's the part number: item number 00488170. The list price is $9.99.

So the BAC-2 sounds pretty good to you then, huh? :)
  8. bassbrad

bassbrad

It's useful and for the price it's hard to beat. The sound is 80's power pop bass to my ear. The chorus only works above 400hz and is subtle but quite nice sounding. I've tried several dealers around here and they say that they cannot get the original xformer (and I prefer to use the original over a radshack if possible). BTW it's also pretty tasty on keyboards.
  9. Cantstandsya

Cantstandsya Supporting Member

I got mine for free.A drummer I used to jam with had a bass player leave it behind and after about five years decided to give it to me.I use it once in a great while at home but have never used it on a gig.I've never found much use for chorus in any band i've been in.
  10. ebozzz

ebozzz

What's wrong with a Radioshack AC adapter? :confused:

You have the correct part number, 00488170, and the number came directly from a Peavey acessory catalog that was given to me by a dealer. Why not try going to one of the dealers with the part number and saying, "I would like to order this part." If all else fails, contact Peavey directly to buy one. The list price is $9.99 as I said. What I've found is that some of the Peavey dealers in my area do is to try to sell me something else that they have in the store rather than try to get what I actually want to buy. :rolleyes:

I actually had one dealer suggest that I buy three different pedals at $25.00 a pop for my MAX preamp when Peavey makes one pedal designed to work with the MAX that will perform all of the functions that those three would do. They told me the same thing. "Charles, we can't get that in." I stuck to my guns and I have it now. Guess who ordered it? The same dealer who stated that it wasn't available. They have tried that same trick on me a couple of times to no avail with other Peavey items that I wanted to special order.
  11. ebozzz

ebozzz

12. SoComSurfing

Wow! I should probably dig one or two of mine out! ebozzz---How are you liking it so far? This thread has made me start thinking about it, so I'm probably gonna pull mine out and start messing around with it.
  13. ebozzz

ebozzz

I still need to play around with it a little more but for what I paid I'm loving it! I finally got the chance to play around with it earlier today but my wife had some other ideas about how she wanted me to spend my time. :( I'm supposed to go play with crew tomorrow so I should get a chance to experiment with it a lot more then. I'll let you know.
  14. jeffgnr90

jeffgnr90

haha so im a little late in response, but do you have those pedals still any chance?
  15. ebozzz

ebozzz

Jeff,

I still have mine. Thanks to a person who contacted me about something else that required me to dig through some boxes, I have it out again.
  16. Bassmike62

Bassmike62