1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

peavey BXP AC 5 string bass...where is the serial number?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fredolee16, Oct 26, 2013.

1. fredolee16

fredolee16

Hi. A friend of mine bought this bass. He couldn't handle with the 5 string so we decide to make a trade. Love this bass and is very versatile. He give me this one with the original box because it's barely new. But I can't find the serial number. Is not in the back of the headstock. Is very strange for me. Where it's been made? Indonesia? China?
  2. ShenmueTacos

ShenmueTacos Supporting Member

The newer Peavey BXPs typically have a sticker placed on the back of the headstock with the serial number like in this photo:

[​IMG]

IIRC, the older BXPs had the serial numbers printed on the back of the headstock and were usually manufactured in Indonesia (I had a Cirrus BXP that was like that). I believe the ones with the stickers are made in China.
  3. fredolee16

fredolee16

Well, thanks my friend. That's explain a lot to me. I think he removed that sticker on my bass and that's why I couldn't find the serial number. Thank you very much.