Peavey cab wire colors?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Rocker47, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Rocker47

Rocker47

Hey all, just a fast question. I am replacing a speaker in a cab that was empty. The cab has blue and yellow leads from the jack. Which would be the poistive and which would be negative? I have a black widow speaker to put in it, just wanna get it right. Thanks !

2. ulrich

ulrich

Tip to positive, ring to negative.

Though, I would take the opportunity to replace the 1/4" jack with Spaekon.

3. nashvillebill

nashvillebill

I don't remember Peavey's wire color convention, but look at the jack. The part that makes contact with the sleeve--the round hole of the jack--will be negative and go to black on the speaker, the part that contacts the tip--the spring-loaded thingy--is positive so that wire goes to the red terminal.

4. Rocker47

Rocker47

Thanks guys it's perfect! If the cab wasn't a 1974 I would relace the jack with a speakon. I picked it up with the Century 120 head for $50! the speaker init was totally shot, so basically an empty cab. I found a used black widow speaker for $50 and decided what the heck! Now just to put some grill cloth or something on the front and I have a cool old practice amp that is actually light(ish) weight! Thanks again for the fast response!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Any Peaveys I've ever seen - and there's been ALOT of them - yellow = positive, blue = negative...

- georgestrings