Peavey Cirrus 5 fretless

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by EdgeXXL, Mar 20, 2014.

1. EdgeXXL

EdgeXXL Supporting Member

I got this Peavey Cirrus fretless 5 string BXP bass in a trade. I am trying to find out what its worth. I have been searching the internet but prices are all over the scale. I need some help from you fellow TB'ers to put a value on this thing.

I don't know anything about this bass other than what has been stated so far. Its a neck through fretless 5 string but I don't have any idea what kind of wood it is made out of. It is in good condition and I would rate it 8/10. The gold plating on some of the tuning keys is starting to come off. It has a few scratches and a couple very small dings in it but overall it is pretty nice. I cannot find a serial number anywhere on this.

I have included a few pictures to help with putting a value on this bass. Once I figure out what its worth I will post it in the for sale classified section.

Attached Files:

2. EdgeXXL

More pictures of the Peavey Cirrus Fretless 5 string BXP.

Attached Files:

3. EdgeXXL

One more pic of the headstock.

Attached Files:

4. Apolicious

Apolicious

from what I recall (off the top of my head, it's very late) I remember seeing these go for between $400-700, depending on specs/quality. I also remember they're a bitch to sell, so I've seen them go for pretty cheap. Even the USA models were a horrific investment.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. EdgeXXL

Fretless is just not my thing and I don't play 5 stringers either. It seems like a nice quality made bass. Just trying to find out what to ask for it in the classifieds. I am sure there is someone out there who can use it.

7. EdgeXXL

I know there's somebody out there that knows something about the bass. Come on guys help me out.

8. NicJimBass

NicJimBass The Kirk Hammett of bass guitar! Supporting Member

I'm assuming this was a defret? I don't recall ever seeing a stock fretless BXP. How does the fretboard look?

9. EdgeXXL

The fret board looks very good. If it was a defret they did an excellent job. I can't feel any bumps or gouges where the fret lines are it's very smooth. I have never owned a fretless and have only ever held and played one prior to this one. I am just trying to get a valuation on this thing so I can post it in the classifieds.

10. Bill Whitehurst

Bill Whitehurst

A US Cirrus would typically run 1K - 1.5K.
    BXP, roughly half.
    Being fretless is a wild card.
    Not every one wants one, but a fretless Cirrus is rare.
    That is a nice one.

11. NicJimBass

NicJimBass The Kirk Hammett of bass guitar! Supporting Member

I understand. I was asking about the fretboard in order to give a better evaluation. Again, I've never seen a stock fretless BXP, so, assuming it's a defret, even a great defret, I can only imagine it would devalue it a bit. My guess- $300-400 at best.