Peavey Cirrus 6 String

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hgiles, Nov 19, 2012.

1. hgiles

hgiles

2. ajax1

ajax1 Gold Supporting Member

You can find good condition used Cirrus USA 6 strings for a lot less than the one in the link you posted. Keep checking the Talk Bass for sale blogs and also eBay. I've seen Cirrus USA 6 strings for $800-$900 in the last month or so.
  3. hgiles

hgiles

Thanks Ajax1. I will bide my time. I am looking for Yamaha TRB 6s and Peavey Cirrus 6. I hear they are both good value for the money and can be bought used for less than $1000.
  4. puremusic

puremusic

That is a very good representation of bubinga walnut Cirrus 6. A little high priced but it is new old stock. What is your criteria for a good 6? Maybe it's spacing, weight, balance or tone let us know. I have the V string version of that bass and I can tell you that it is perfect for me.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. puremusic

puremusic

I sold my TRB 1005 after I bought my Cirrus.
  7. hgiles

hgiles

My main criteria is solid construction, ease of playing, and ease of maintenance. As for tone, I like clean, clear, pure tone. Lastly, I don't want the bass to let me down in a resale if I have to get out of it in a hurry.

BTW, Ajax1, I have a Yanagisawa Bari and tenor also! Ha!
  8. ajax1

ajax1 Gold Supporting Member

You have two great Saxophones. A Yani Baritone and Tenor are top notch! I'm very glad to see another fellow bass player who also plays the Sax.

Go for a Cirrus USA bass. I love my 5 and 4. Bought the 5 from a fellow TB'er. It was a 1991 vintage Cirrus and only gets better with age. I bought the Cirrus 4 fretless from eBay and it was NOS and got a great deal on it. I play it more than the 5.

Keep looking and you will find a good deal. These things tend to come in cycles.

good luck
  9. BTBBASSman

BTBBASSman

Hey if your still interested in buying a usa 6 string i have a redwood 6er with matching headstock and gold hardware its mint no dents or ding comes with ohsc let me know i have pictures also its just to much for me i need to get back to a 5 string also ill consider a trade
  10. redname

redname

i bought my cirrus 6 for slightly over USD$1K but it's only a plain colour.

i own the TRB6ii and cirrus 6. tone wise and workmanship, i still like the TRB6ii better.

dnt get me wrong, the cirrus 6 is great, just tht i don't quite like the narrow spacing and another thing is that due to it being a thru neck, i can't bring the action low enough as i need to shim the neck
  11. BTBBASSman

BTBBASSman

Well i love my cirrus 6 but its my only bass and it kills my hand i play almost every night at my church the sound is amazing but i played a warwick 5 fnp jazzman and felt so much comfort only because my small hands weren't constantly reaching and stretching i payed $900 bucks for my cirrus in mint condition it looked like the guy bought it and put it on display...lol i hate to sell it but ill let it go for the same price
  12. Wallace320

Wallace320

13. Wallace320

Wallace320

It was a stunning surprise.

Cheers,
    Wallace
  14. spade2you

spade2you

I suppose if you want a new one, it's an alright price and they're getting harder to find. I got a redwood 6 a few years back for $900-ish.