1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Peavey Cirrus 6 String

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hgiles, Nov 19, 2012.

1. hgiles

hgiles

2. ajax1

ajax1 Gold Supporting Member

You can find good condition used Cirrus USA 6 strings for a lot less than the one in the link you posted. Keep checking the Talk Bass for sale blogs and also eBay. I've seen Cirrus USA 6 strings for $800-$900 in the last month or so.
  3. hgiles

hgiles

Thanks Ajax1. I will bide my time. I am looking for Yamaha TRB 6s and Peavey Cirrus 6. I hear they are both good value for the money and can be bought used for less than $1000.
  4. puremusic

puremusic

That is a very good representation of bubinga walnut Cirrus 6. A little high priced but it is new old stock. What is your criteria for a good 6? Maybe it's spacing, weight, balance or tone let us know. I have the V string version of that bass and I can tell you that it is perfect for me.
  5. puremusic

puremusic

I sold my TRB 1005 after I bought my Cirrus.
  6. hgiles

hgiles

My main criteria is solid construction, ease of playing, and ease of maintenance. As for tone, I like clean, clear, pure tone. Lastly, I don't want the bass to let me down in a resale if I have to get out of it in a hurry.

BTW, Ajax1, I have a Yanagisawa Bari and tenor also! Ha!
  7. ajax1

ajax1 Gold Supporting Member

You have two great Saxophones. A Yani Baritone and Tenor are top notch! I'm very glad to see another fellow bass player who also plays the Sax.

Go for a Cirrus USA bass. I love my 5 and 4. Bought the 5 from a fellow TB'er. It was a 1991 vintage Cirrus and only gets better with age. I bought the Cirrus 4 fretless from eBay and it was NOS and got a great deal on it. I play it more than the 5.

Keep looking and you will find a good deal. These things tend to come in cycles.

good luck
  8. BTBBASSman

BTBBASSman

Hey if your still interested in buying a usa 6 string i have a redwood 6er with matching headstock and gold hardware its mint no dents or ding comes with ohsc let me know i have pictures also its just to much for me i need to get back to a 5 string also ill consider a trade
  9. redname

redname

i bought my cirrus 6 for slightly over USD$1K but it's only a plain colour.

i own the TRB6ii and cirrus 6. tone wise and workmanship, i still like the TRB6ii better.

dnt get me wrong, the cirrus 6 is great, just tht i don't quite like the narrow spacing and another thing is that due to it being a thru neck, i can't bring the action low enough as i need to shim the neck
  10. BTBBASSman

BTBBASSman

Well i love my cirrus 6 but its my only bass and it kills my hand i play almost every night at my church the sound is amazing but i played a warwick 5 fnp jazzman and felt so much comfort only because my small hands weren't constantly reaching and stretching i payed $900 bucks for my cirrus in mint condition it looked like the guy bought it and put it on display...lol i hate to sell it but ill let it go for the same price
  11. Wallace320

Wallace320

12. Wallace320

Wallace320

It was a stunning surprise.

Cheers,
    Wallace
  13. spade2you

spade2you

I suppose if you want a new one, it's an alright price and they're getting harder to find. I got a redwood 6 a few years back for $900-ish.