1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Peavey Cirrus clip

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by georgestrings, Jan 10, 2014.

1. georgestrings

georgestrings Supporting Member

While looking around for some tracks on Peavey basses, I stumbled across this, and thought it was pretty good:

- georgestrings
  2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Supporting Member

That's a good clip. It shows a Cirrus getting a more standard bass sound instead of that distinctive Cirrus slap tone.
  3. Bass Viking

Bass Viking Gold Supporting Member

Nice! Thanks for the link. I've been very impressed by the Cirruses I've played.
  4. georgestrings

That's what I thought, too - the band was great, also...

- georgestrings
  5. Marcus Willett

Marcus Willett Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Bag End - Dean Markley - Thunderfunk
    I've got a J style 5er with Cirrus pickups. Sounds really, really good actually. It's got me thinking about some other build ideas....
  6. spade2you

spade2you

Great clip. I loved when I recorded with mine. I'd LOVE to buy the electronics if they were available. I'd instantly buy them and put them in a 6 string fretless.
  7. georgestrings

Well, a recent purchase inspired my search - I have this one the way:

[​IMG]

From what I understand, it shares alot of the same electronics as on many of the Cirrus basses...

- georgestrings
  8. Marcus Willett

Marcus Willett Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Bag End - Dean Markley - Thunderfunk
    They are, call Peavey. I ordered a 5 string set of Cirrus pickups just a few months ago in fact.
  9. spade2you

spade2you

You have my attention!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111

I asked to order a few Millennium preamps last weekend. It was a new guy who doesn't know how to order yet. I'll ask to see if I can get some new ones or "replacement" ones for my Cirrus 6.
  10. georgestrings

I usually deal with Sheri Evans(ext 1128) when getting parts from Peavey - she's been great to deal with... Hope this helps,

- georgestrings
  11. spade2you

spade2you

My dealer is looking into the pre-amps and pickups. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.