Peavey Dyna Bass Unity Series

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MEKer, Jan 23, 2014.

1. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

OK, have googled, have read threads/posts here. Some say yes, some do not mention it, couple say balanced.

Does the neck-thru Dyna bass have NECK DIVE? That all I want to know. Even if it has N-Dive and is compensatable --that would still be a "yes".

Which is it, please?
  2. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

Definitely not. Thin neck, small headstock. Never even heard of this problem on that model.
  3. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

Thank you!
  4. woodyng

woodyng

As the previous owner of one,i can add my "definitley no neck-dive" opinion here. In fact,it was one of the best feeling basses I've ever owned,with a great neck,and a Spector-ish curved KOA body. And they're usually super cheap to boot.
  5. elgecko

elgecko

I have a four string...no neck dive.
  6. Roscoe East

Roscoe East

not sure how similar this model is (was?) to the "Dyna Bass Unity Series" but I owned one of the passive, Koa-bodied, neck-thru Unity basses and it did exhibit a tiny bit of neck-dive.
  7. Joe Milo

Joe Milo

I had the natural Koa Dyna Unity 4 banger and no neck dive at all....Still kick myself for selling it.... Would love to have that bass back.
  8. bassmanrocke

bassmanrocke Supporting Member

Definitely not any on my Unity, but it was a bit heavy(compared to my nineties foundations). I've heard the koas are a lot lighter so they might be more prone to dive.