Peavey Firebass 700 - Power Transformer wiring

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Reemo_bassist, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Reemo_bassist

Reemo_bassist

Hi all,

So, many years later , I now live in Canada. I'm waiting for our residence paperwork to come through before freighting all our stuff over and among that, pending your responses, should be my Firebass.

Has anyone had it to bits? I cannot seem to find if the primary of the power transformer has a split primary. Some do this for ease of manufacturing/cost cutting, wiring it as 110-110-0-0...in parallel for 110-120V operation and 110-0-110-0 for 240V operation. Others will be so nice as to even provide you a switch!!

Anyone been inside their Firebass and had a gander?

2. BbbyBld

BbbyBld

Disclosures:
    MI Amp Engineer: Peavey Electronics
    Sorry, it does not have a split primary, however, we have good distribution and support in Canada. It is likely you can get a 120V transformer with little trouble. Send me a PM if you have any trouble and I'll see what I can do for you.

3. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

OP, welcome to Canada. Make sure you buy yourself some mukluks for the winter. :D

4. Reemo_bassist

Reemo_bassist

Been here a while! Over in Montréal QC. Have had military grade snowboots since I came - I thought it'd be the arctic, and realised I'd overdone it after winter #1. Mukluks look nice though :)

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

:D I do believe you should correct your location. Winter was a shock when we first got here from the UK. It's STILL a shock when it arrives every year. Good luck in your new home.