1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Peavey Firebass Models

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by deathsdj, Nov 15, 2013.

1. deathsdj

deathsdj

Sep 18, 2010
    Wichita, KS
    What is the difference if any between the Peavey Firebass 700 with the white faceplate and the one with the black faceplate? They seem to use the same manual so I would assume thay are the same except cosmetically but then again i don't like to assume.

Thanks!

MJW

2. dmrogers

dmrogers Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2005
    Eastman, GA
    It seems that your question has been asked several times over the years, but I didn't find an answer.

Probably best to post this question over at the Peavey forum.

I had the white Firebass for several years. It was a solid amp (true to Peavey's reputation).

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. synterx

synterx Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2005
    Illinois
    I'm 99% sure they are identical. The year they converted to black, all their amps had a visual makeover. I had the white one and almost bought the lack because it looked better to me. But my dealer said they were identical inside.

5. Rugaar

Rugaar

Apr 11, 2007
    wisconsin
    I used to have the black one but can't remember the difference but IIRC there were a few minor changes.

Peavey CS is very helpful, too. Email them through PV website.

6. deathsdj

deathsdj

Sep 18, 2010
    Wichita, KS
    Thanks guys. I did post this at the Peavey forums as well. I have the white one now but I'm shopping for a second one.

Cheers!

MJW