Peavey Fury

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by raul, Jan 21, 2014.

1. raul

raul

Looking into a Fury. Need a P bass with more of a Jazz bass size neck.
    Is there a difference in the Fury necks between the various years it was made? The Peavey logo looks different in the older models I think. Is th neck pretty much the same? I'm looking for a fast neck P bass and the Fury seems like a good choice. Maybe change the pickup to a Wilde P46.
  2. Runnerman

Runnerman Registered Bass Player Supporting Member

The US Fury's with a maple neck are all nice and thin and as far as I know they are the same. It's a great P option if you like the a thinner neck. It may be slightly narrower even than the Jazz neck. Somebody has a neck width thread on here you should search for. I believe the Fury is on there.
  3. sirsam22

sirsam22

I believe that all of them with the split P are all just a hair thinner than jazz width. The first run of Furys had a single slanted super ferrite pickup and a P width neck. They are lighter than average, so mine naturally wants to balance with the neck almost parallel to the ground. And, all the US made Peaveys like this one are tanks. You should be able to snag one pretty easily, too.
  4. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Spector-Dingwall-Aguilar-DR-Tech 21-Darkglass
    I actually have one with the P46 on the way at the moment...I'll let you know how it sounds ;)
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. SaneseBass

SaneseBass Banned

I've never played on older Fury. The mid 90's models were picked from the leftover woodpile, honestly. They were put together very well but with less than stellar parts.
  7. micgtr71

micgtr71

One of my students has an older Fury and it is a fantastic sounding/playing bass.