1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Peavey Headliner or Tour cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by coffeewood, Dec 17, 2012.

1. coffeewood

coffeewood

I'm presently using a Peavey Tour 450 into a Peavey Headliner 410 cab. I'm looking at upgrading to a tube head, probably the VB3 and was wondering if I should go to the Tour cabinets at the same time. Does anyone know what the difference between the Headliner and Tour cabinets are? Looking at Peavey's website, I can't quite get a good idea. Thanks. I'm using a 2011 Fender American P bass if that makes any difference.
  2. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist Supporting Member

The Headliner 410 is a sealed cab and would probably work very nicely with a tube head. I use one at my practice space (it belongs to the drummer) and I've been using it on gigs too. The Tour cabs use neo speakers and have a tweeter.

Check out the Headliner 115 cab. It's ported and I think it sounds even better than the 410.
  3. BbbyBld

BbbyBld

Disclosures:
    MI Amp Engineer: Peavey Electronics
    I would go with the VB410 over the Tour 410 or the Headliner 410 for use with the VB-3 if I was set on using one cab all the time. The Tour cab is much lighter and would work just fine, but I think the VB410 sounds better. The Tour is made of light-weight, poplar plywood, the Headliner is made of MDF, and the VB is made of Baltic birch plywood. Either the VB or Tour 410 will be louder and go lower than the Headliner 410. However, since you already have the Headliner 410, adding a second one for big gigs would be another solid option.

The Resonance control on the VB-3 makes ported vs sealed a non-issue.
  4. coffeewood

coffeewood

Thanks! After re-reading my post, I actually meant Headliner vs. VB cabinets (not sure why I called them Tour). I do have a 2nd 410 (Fender 410 pro) since my bandmates prefer having a bass cab on either side of the drum set. I'll keep that configuration if it makes sense. If the VB cabs are a big jump in quality/sound, I would consider replacing both my 410s with the VB cabs.