Peavey IPR 1600 good for Pearce BC1?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Atomic Al, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Atomic Al

Atomic Al

Trying to find a good power amp to match up for my Pearce.
    I'm painfully ignorant when it comes to this kind of stuff.
    I've been using a SVT 4 Pro to power the Pearce last few years but I've recently freed up some more space in my rack and can fit a 2 space power amp. I use a Ampeg 8x10 and a 4x10 for smaller shows. Will this power amp be comparable to what a SVT-4 Pro puts out? I mono bridge the 4 Pro for the 8x10 and use half the amp when I use the 4x10.

http://www.parts-express.com/peavey-ipr-1600-power-amplifier--248-7980

Heres some info on the Pearce if it helps at all.
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Atomic Al

Atomic Al

3. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

4. Atomic Al

Atomic Al

I was going to keep an eye out for a used 1600 but I'II check out the IRP2 2000 aswell.
    Thanks!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

I have two IPR 1600s in my standard PA rack. One drives 8 ohm stereo mains, the second 4 ohm subs and 2 ohm total in monitors. They have been clean, rock solid and LOUD.
  7. vbchaos

vbchaos

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    IPR1600 can do 1600W @ 4Ohm in bridged mode. Bridging is possible with a special cable that you'd have to make yourself.
    I use one IPR1600 to drive my two fEARful cubes. it's a superlight amp and has enough power for me - more than I'd ever need
  8. johnpbass

johnpbass

I use an IPR1600 with my Aguilar Tone Hammer DI and Eden WTDI. Plenty of power for what I do, sounds great, lightweight, simple setup, and inexpensive. All good, IMO!
  9. Triad

Triad Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Bass Builder
    I have one, coupled with a Parsek preamp... works great but I'd try to get a preamp with a strong/adjustable output, just to be sure it gives enough signal to the amp.
  10. bgavin

bgavin Supporting Member

Keep in mind there are enhancements made to IPR2 that are not present in the original IPR.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f15/new-peavey-ipr2-series-whats-story-1012397/#post14819101

Also remember that Peavey and Crest warranties only apply to the original owner.
    IMO, it is pointless to save a few bucks on a pricey used amp, instead of a new one with the warranty.
    You would have to get an original IPR1600 very cheap to make it worthwhile.

My Crest ProLite2 was $325 shipped as a "demo", and still came with the five year warranty.