1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Peavey Milestone I (Fender Jazz Clone)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JonesKY, Sep 28, 2009.

1. JonesKY

JonesKY

After about 6 years I'm enjoying a reunion with a Peavey Milestone I that I gave to a friend. An International-series clone of a Jazz bass, I'd forgotten what a great bass this is! The neck reminds me of the Will Lee Sadowsky I played a couple weeks ago - slim & comfy (moreso than other J's) - and the finish is sufficiently worn down, too. I swapped the pickguard for tortoise before handing it off - it looks good against the red body. Just a lot of fun - thought I'd talk about it a bit. I'll try to get a pic or two posted.

FWIW, I've never seen another one of these. Plenty of other Milestone models, but never a Milestone I J-bass clone. If you have or know of one, let me know about it.

Many thanks!

PS I'm guessing Peavey got into some lawsuit issues over the Milestone I (J-bass) & II (P-bass).
  2. HankB

HankB

Best bass I've ever had, so close to the origin. Sounds like one, finish is good and can be upgraded easilly with Fender parts.
    My Milestone I Jazzbass have a serial number, 4111204, indicating 1989 as year of birth.
    Attached is a 75% picture of my gear. The Amp is a Hagström 840, 40W, from 1964 and a one of two clone of the 12" Hagström 210 basspeaker. Sometimes I use a 15" speaker but I find it too heavy so I often bring the two 12" speakers instead to save my back.

Attached Files:

3. calmoth

calmoth

I have the same bass, is a good bass a Pevey Milestone I number 6123325. Keep rocking, soon a few pictures. ;)
  4. calmoth

calmoth

I plan to change the mics for this Bass that even do not sound bad at all. but i want modding a little better, a good bass cheaper but with awesome sound. I play in a Band of Drone/Doom music and a I thought with EMG be better (?) what do you think guys? is a good idea?

[​IMG]
  5. Takt

Takt

My band uses one. Deep crunchy tone with a warm, rounded edge. Great to slap.

[​IMG]
  6. Andy_D

Andy_D Supporting Member

Reviving an old thread....

I work on a ship and recently bought one of these cheap ($120) to have something to play while at work. I have to tell you after getting it cleaned up and adjusted (it needed it badly) it plays and sounds about as good as good as any of my other basses (most of which cost a lot more). These basses are some real diamonds in the rough. I actually like it much better than the VM Jazz I used to own (sound and feel). It plays/sounds just like a good jazz bass should. If any of you ever see one of these on the market scoop it up. You won't regret it. I may just have to take this one home and get another beater for work, I like it that much.