1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

Peavey Millennium 4 Plus J/J USA w/case. $450 shipped

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by synterx, Feb 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. synterx

synterx Supporting Member

TB special! I just got this, but since I was (I am no longer) on the hunt to find ONE more Mill 5 string, this was an impulse buy. I however did just finally find my last, and 5th Mill 5er on the ol' ebay, and so now I can move this to someone who will actually play it. I tried, once I committed to 5 strings, I can't go back. It's too weird.

This is the Plus model with Hipshot tuners, the Drop tuner on the E, the strap lock butons (sorry, I don't have any extra parts for the straps...they are dunlop's though, pretty cheap for a set). The body and neck are in amazing condition. I really can't find a single flaw of any kind. A tiny scratch or something up on the headstock by the logo, but not sure if you can even see it. It's easily a 9 out of 10 in my opinion. The usual minor scuffing I see on all the plastic pickups, of which every one I've had (and it's a LOT!) seem to end up with this. But again, the pictures are there. It's just a really beautiful bass. I haven't seen any others in either 4 or 5 in this shade of green.

Includes a hadshell case, but I'm thinking it's not original. The bass does fit nicely inside though.

I'll ship it UPS ground with insurance and tracking. Lower 48 only please, and I'm in Chicagoland if that means anything.

Attached Files:

2. synterx

more pics

Attached Files:

3. synterx

and 2 more

Attached Files:

4. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Supporting Member

Do the J/J Millenniums actually sound like Jazz Basses?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. synterx

can't say, I've only ever played Peavey Cirrus or Millenniums. I only played it about 10 minutes recently, and while I didn't directly A/B it to my J/M 5 strings, I didn't notice anything drastically different. I'm about the worse one though to comment on tone, since in 20 years, I've only played 2 models...
  7. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Supporting Member

I admire the fact that you know what you like, and you have stuck with it.:)
  8. synterx

I just thought of ONE other bass I had, my very first one, an Ibanez SR something. I had it about 10 days when the local shop got in the first Cirrus. A 4 string maple beauty. I went from a $250 bass to a $1300 bass in 10 days. It was such an amazing bass...for a decade all I had were Cirrus'. Then I got a 5 string Mill Plus for the odd song...and realized with my short arms, the Millenniums physically fit my body better, and that's all I've had since. Part of it is probably that I'm older now, and changing ANYTHING is harder on my brain.
  9. 5stringthumpin

5stringthumpin Supporting Member

Let me know when you wanna sell that purty little Mill 5 ya got there... :)
  10. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

This is a great deal. I'm in the same boat. Once I switched to 5ers, 4 strings seem too weird.
    GLWTS. She's a beauty!
  11. synterx

The drop tuner thing is cool. I never had one on a bass. I do wish they were more "compact" though. I'd love to put on on my A string, I have a few songs that I would love to have an open string on some songs. But still, if I hadn't just found another great 5 string on ebay of all places, I'd be keeping this one a bit longer. I just need to raise some quick cash to cover what I just spent.

I'm going to throw it on ebay today too, for some reason I seem to have better luck on the bay. I would probably drop a few bucks off for TBers though, I'd do $459 to one of you guys, shipped out the door.
  12. synterx

450 shipped. Going once, going twice, I have a guy on eBay wanting it, but after fees, I'd rather offer it to a TBer.
  13. synterx

Last chance. I have a guy on ebay with a counteroffer that I'll take in a few hours if no one here steps up and says they want it. Nice bass, cool color!
  14. Massbassman15

Massbassman15

PM sent. Thank you
  15. synterx

And sold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.