Peavey Millennium Knobs

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by deesonggirl, Mar 2, 2014.

1. deesonggirl

deesonggirl

Howdy!
    My Peavey Millennium bass has locked on control knobs. I can not find a allen key that fits the screw. Can anyone tell me what tool I need to get these knobs off? The split pick up knob is dirty as hell and cause the sound to cut out. I have a gig Friday and have to get this fixed! THANKS!
    DEE

2. VerryBerry

VerryBerry Supporting Member

Dee, I just tried a standard (SAE) 1/16" allen key in my Millenium BXP. It works. It seems to be the same size as required for the saddle screws.

The reason it may seem you don't have the right size could be because the allen screw is worn and rounded out or the allen key that you are using is worn and has rounded corners. In that case, try a brand new allen key. Worst case, you may need an appropriately sized screw extractor to brute-force the screw out - and then you need another screw.

OR - the screw hole may have a lot of gunk in it that is preventing the allen key from going in. You would have to pick the gunk out with something small and sharp.

If you're not sure about the finer points of tools required, heck take the bass down to your nearest hardware store and enlist their resident tool person for help. No shame in that.

Good luck. Hope this has helped.