1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Peavey NitroBass 450 Rig ???

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by The WideBody, Dec 12, 2011.

1. The WideBody

The WideBody

after missing out on a great deal on a peavey max 700 with a 115tvx cab for $300 on the local craigslist, i scoured the surrounding areas' craigslists ads in search of another and came across this...

Peavey Bass Amp

i have no idea of the scale of these cabinets, however, this seems like its the perfect modular rig for me. please identify these cabs. do you think that they are the 4ohms a piece?

i've read the talkbass reviews on the head. i will search out reviews on the cabs when i know exactly what they are - 210tvx?

please give me your opinion on this particular setup. the price is a bit more than i was hoping to spend, but i may stretch if this seems like it would fit my needs.

thanks to all for your input.

az
  2. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Hmm modular 410, looks interesting. If its in good condition its not a terrible price. It will also give you the versatility to take one cab and leave the second, and just move around your head.
  3. The WideBody

The WideBody

this is exactly what i was thinking!
  4. CL400Peavey

FWIW I love my PV gear. Its reliable, I can dig the tone, and I never fail to be heard.
  5. The WideBody

The WideBody

this may be only my second rig ever. third really if you count both of my sf bassmans and if you don't count my fender bxr100. however, i myself am looking to join the pv club, and i am desperately looking for a strong entry. what sells me on them seems to be everyone's love filled reviews for such a seemingly simple, yet strong workingman's solution to bass amplification.

i don't have much experience so i appreciates everyone's input.

thanks.

az
  6. LarryO

LarryO

I've owned 2 of those heads (there are great and very loud) and one of those cabs. The cabs go very deep and sound great but one thing to consider is......if I remember correctly the cabs can only handle 175 watts rms. it should be plenty loud but I'd double check the specs on peavey's website just so you know what you're getting..>>BUT $700 is too much for that rig IMO. I'd say 500 is fair. The head can be found used for around 200 and the cabs for 100-150 each. FYI, if you search the forum, I purchased a nitrobass and 210tvx brand new around 2004 or 2005 for $300
  7. JoeVictim

JoeVictim

I don't know if I would call it modular. The head weighs around 40 lbs. I used to own that head. It had some good, usable tones. Nothing to write home about and maybe not the holy grail of bass tone but with an ability to go to 2 ohms at 450 watts, it gets the job done.
  8. CL400Peavey

I consider it light weight. Right now my rig has a 97 lb head and a 150 lb 810. :bassist::bassist::bassist:
  9. The WideBody

The WideBody

i am in my mid thirties and am still in halfway decent shape. the weight does not bother me yet. ask me ten years from now. i have found that things that are lighter but have a bigger physical size can be more unwieldy. the size of the head is as such that if it were twice that weight, it might not bother me. i handle my fender 215 cab fine, but that's a pain for sure. especially going up and down stairs. this is where i wouldn't mind smaller pieces adding up to a bigger whole - modular.
  10. The WideBody

The WideBody

nice to see a fellow wisconsin talbasser on here.

i think that the specs on the head say 450 @ 2, 300 @ 4 and 170 @8. if one of those cabs is 4ohms, then i certainly could overpower it if i were to try, but i doubt that i'd need to. with the two cabs together, the head is still more powerful but again, i doubt i would ever need to crank it.

the guy says the price is firm, but don't they always say that. i will have to see how firm he actually is on the price as that ad has been up for a while. i am in the position that i don't have to buy. i currently have my fender rig. i don't gig so i won't be up against a time crunch.

thanks for your input.

az
  11. LarryO

LarryO

I'd offer him 350 cash......it's worth that. Actually its worth a little bit more but money talks. If he goes for it and you don't like it you should be able to get 300-500 for it.
  12. dog1

dog1

Disclosures:
    Builder: Bottom Line Bass Cabinets
    $1400? He is out of his mind. Literally.

I had a Nitrobass and a single 210 (used it with a 115, not the best rig) The nitrobass is a great head, worth (used) maybe 250-300, tops. The 210's 100-150 each. A good price for the whole rig, IMO, is $500 tops. Just for kicks, see what they are selling for on ebay. If you find any, I will bet they are either way less, or have no bids at all.