1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Peavey nitrobass 450

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by bassplayer1494, Dec 17, 2010.

1. bassplayer1494

bassplayer1494

there is a used peavey nitrobass 450 down at my local guitar shop for 150 bucks. ive read reviews on it and it seems like its a really good head for the price. I want to get a Markbass little mark but im on a really tight budget right now and i need a new bass head i cant stand my Fender BXR. anyways, i just wanted to know what are your guys's opinions on this amp if u ever had any experience with it?
  2. Sundogue

Sundogue

It's a nice serviceable amphead. Not too powerful...about 300 watts into 4 ohms and 170 watts into 8 ohms (unless you go into two 4 ohm cabs as the head does go down to 2 ohms like most Peavey heads), but certainly powerful enough for gigging. I was able to get decent tone and volume from it and they are very reliable. For $150, if it's in good shape I'd snag it up. Bring your cab(s) down to the store and plug the head into them and try it out.

It's just like the more powerful Firebass head. Here's one listed as new for $400 (though they are not in production or available new)...

http://www.samash.com/p/Peavey_NitroBass 450 Watt Bass Head_-49979620
  3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Go play it, and see what YOU think.
  4. perkidan

perkidan

I have been using one for awhile, and it has a decent, servicable tone. The only thing I noticed is when playing my fiver through an 8 ohm cab it likes to clip, but thats to be expected at fairly loud volume with only 170 watts. For that money though it is a good buy. I would jump on it.
  5. bassplayer1494

bassplayer1494

ill be playing it tomorrow. i have 2 gk cabs. a 115 and a 410.
  6. Daniel Piper

Daniel Piper

I play a max450 (nitrobass) through gk 212 neo and neo115 cabinets. Has a nice clean tone, although a little anaemic down low when set "flat". Pump the bass up a notch and it's all there. It does clip quite easily into a single 8 ohm cab though, which doesn't sound all that awesome.