1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Peavey t-40

Discussion in 'Ask Tony Grey' started by greenlightsbass, Dec 29, 2013.

1. greenlightsbass

greenlightsbass

Hey, I found a Peavey bass lying around my house and I would like to find out when it was made. The serial number is 00421928. I can't seem to find this from any of the websites. If somebody could help me find out more about this Peavey t-40, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!!
  2. DeaconK

DeaconK

Send an email to customerservice@peavey.com[/email] with the serial number and they will get back to you shortly (no, really, shortly) with a "Made On Date." I picked up my T-40 a few years ago and they got right back to me to say it was made in 1979.
  3. greenlightsbass

greenlightsbass

Thanks so much! :)
  4. Charley Umbria

Charley Umbria I'm Really a Drummer Supporting Member

According to the serial number chart, your bass was made in 1979. Peavey can confirm it, though. Do you have a pic you can post?
  5. tony grey

tony grey Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsements; Yamaha, Fodera, Aguilar, TC Electronic, Peterson, Zoom
    sounds like a vintage beauty