1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

Peavey TB Raxx Preamp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by 2manband, Dec 22, 2013.

1. 2manband

2manband Supporting Member

For sale is a Peavey TB Raxx Preamp. This is an an honest to goodness USA made all tube preamp that won't break the bank. I'm not sure of the year, but if I would guess sometime from mid-late 80's or maybe the early 90's. It sounds great, but I just haven't used any other preamps much since getting my Trace Elliot, so it's time to move this one along to somebody else.

I tested this out this evening and everything works as it should.

As a side note, I'm selling off a few other items under the same notion of "If I haven't played it in over a year, it's time to sell it." Search "2man's one year rule" for more

Asking price is $125 shipped via UPS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. 2manband

2manband Supporting Member

SOLD!

Thanks for the good PR fellas!
  3. kringle77

kringle77 Supporting Member

I played about 300 gigs on one of these preamps when I was first getting into rack gear. It really sounds great and the overdrive is pretty sweet. I bought and sold many things before I replaced it. I still think they sound great and I have lots of "snob" gear. Just a free bump for a workhorse preamp.
  4. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

I've had once since they first came out a million years ago (I was a Peavey dealer and got one from the first batch they shipped to our store). I've thought about selling it a few times over the last ten years, but I figure it's a good standby to keep and it's worth more to me than the market price reflects. The "Equalization" tone controls are like a Fender preamp, and the 3-band "Voicing" controls are a three-band active EQ with boost and cut. Very flexible, natural sounding and utterly reliable pre.

Good luck with the sale, these things are worth more than they go for!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Harley_Bass

Harley_Bass

Im really interested in that tb raxx do you still have it for sale ??