1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

peavey tour 450 amp head

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by himluis1, Nov 14, 2012.

1. himluis1

himluis1

im looking for an amp head around 500 watts and around $500 ... is the tour 450 by peavey a good or my best option ???
  2. GreggBummer

GreggBummer

3. himluis1

himluis1

thanks !!! i know what to do now
  4. BbbyBld

BbbyBld

Disclosures:
    MI Amp Engineer: Peavey Electronics
    If you're talking $500, why not the Tour 700 at $499? It's the same amp with more power. It can do 500W into 8 ohms as opposed to the 300W into 8 like the 450, which is pretty nice for the cabinets out there these days.
  5. himluis1

himluis1

wich cab u guys recommend ??? i want 4x10
  6. BbbyBld

BbbyBld

Disclosures:
    MI Amp Engineer: Peavey Electronics
    What kind of music do you play?
  7. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Get an 8 ohm 4x10, whatever sounds good to you, but don't buy a crap cab. The spkrs ARE your sound. 8 ohms vs 4 ohms means you can add a 2nd cab later, if needed, and the volume difference between the 2 is minimal.
  8. GreggBummer

GreggBummer

I use Hartke cabs with mine. I have two cabs... a VX 410 and an XL 210. The 210 is great for small gigs. The 410 is for something bigger. I can throw them together get a nice sound for large rooms. I don't play HUGE gigs, but if I did I would just use a 410 as a monitor and go direct out of the amps DI to the FOH.

I used to have a VX115, but I sold it. I never used it.

If you can afford the extra cash for the tour 700, I'd say do it. The only difference between the two amps is power. I don't think I need the extra power of the 700, but, hell, having more power on tap is good thing.

I also recommend the Peavey cabs. They are great cabs.
  9. himluis1

himluis1

latin jazz / tropical music like reggae n salsa