1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Peavey Tour Series Bass Head

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Chuck D, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Chuck D

Chuck D

Sep 2, 2006
    Hey guys...just looking for some opinions or suggestions here. I'm joining back with a 2nd band...and my 2nd bass head just died on me...good riddance Hartke!! Anyway...being in 2 bands I like to keep separate rigs at the 2 rehearsal space...not to mention I always keep a backup head in the event that one has a problem and I have to gig. Now if it were up to me I'd just get a 2nd Ashdown Blue Model like I have...but well just can't put out that kind of money at the time3. I heard one of these Peavey Tour amps at a show awhile ago and I thought it sounded pretty good and the price wasw definitely right. So I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these and would like to hear some honest reviews...as I never trust reviews on sites where they are trying to sell a product. I play in a classic Metal/prog Metal band...I incorporate a fair amount of slap/pop into what I do so I do need clarity as well as the typical thunderous lows of Metal music Also anyone who reads this...if you can suggest something else at a similar price...that would be greatlky appreciated as well...Thanks!!

2. I had the 700 for a while. I liked the tone a lot, but I found it too quiet for my needs even through an Ampeg 8x10. My band plays very loud though, so you may have different results.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. coffeewood

coffeewood

Mar 29, 2011
    Had a gig last night with my Tour 450. I put my Sansamp DI in front of it with no other effects. Sound guy went direct out of the back of the amp. I got many compliments on the sound. It's a great set up for the money. You can't go wrong with Peavey.

5. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    At my rehearsal space, the provided rig is a Peavey Tour 450 and Headliner 410 cab. It sounds good to me. I've played a bunch of gigs with it too.