Peavey Tour Series Bass Head

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Chuck D, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Chuck D

Chuck D

Hey guys...just looking for some opinions or suggestions here. I'm joining back with a 2nd band...and my 2nd bass head just died on me...good riddance Hartke!! Anyway...being in 2 bands I like to keep separate rigs at the 2 rehearsal space...not to mention I always keep a backup head in the event that one has a problem and I have to gig. Now if it were up to me I'd just get a 2nd Ashdown Blue Model like I have...but well just can't put out that kind of money at the time3. I heard one of these Peavey Tour amps at a show awhile ago and I thought it sounded pretty good and the price wasw definitely right. So I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these and would like to hear some honest reviews...as I never trust reviews on sites where they are trying to sell a product. I play in a classic Metal/prog Metal band...I incorporate a fair amount of slap/pop into what I do so I do need clarity as well as the typical thunderous lows of Metal music Also anyone who reads this...if you can suggest something else at a similar price...that would be greatlky appreciated as well...Thanks!!

2. skulletwhip

skulletwhip

I had the 700 for a while. I liked the tone a lot, but I found it too quiet for my needs even through an Ampeg 8x10. My band plays very loud though, so you may have different results.

3. coffeewood

coffeewood

Had a gig last night with my Tour 450. I put my Sansamp DI in front of it with no other effects. Sound guy went direct out of the back of the amp. I got many compliments on the sound. It's a great set up for the money. You can't go wrong with Peavey.

4. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist Supporting Member

At my rehearsal space, the provided rig is a Peavey Tour 450 and Headliner 410 cab. It sounds good to me. I've played a bunch of gigs with it too.

5. Register to disable this ad