1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Peavey TVX 810?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by robertbruley, Feb 15, 2014.

1. robertbruley

robertbruley

So i found one of these (Peavey TVX 810) on eBay for $349, i was able to get the guy to agree on $300. He is a Local pawn shop owner so he said i can come over and try it before buying. thing is i can seem to find anything on the cab? does anyone have any experience with this cab? and is it a good deal/bad deal/ ok deal. Any information would be a huge plus.
  2. robertbruley

robertbruley

3. pie_man_25

pie_man_25

I'm not sure about the 810, but the TVX series, and peavey in general, comes fairly highly regarded. I know people that dislike the way that they sound, but even they can attest to how hard they are to break.
  4. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

I had one of these cabs. If you can manage the weight, they sound good.
  5. arginator

arginator Supporting Member

I had an older 410 TX. Not the same, but I think they may have had the same Sheffield 10" drivers. Sounded great. The only thing I hated was the weight. And that was only half the size of your 810!
  6. BassMonstrum

BassMonstrum

I had the 810TX and it sounded good. Bought it fairly cheap and regret selling it even cheaper.
  7. robertbruley

robertbruley

ok cool, i figured that these things are almost indestructible. as for the weight I'm not too concern right now about it as i am a pretty big dude to begin with. but is $300 a good deal or should i try and talk him down a little bit more.
  8. johnson79

johnson79

The 4x10 usually go from $150 on Craigslist and up. $300 seems fair to me.
  9. BassMonstrum

BassMonstrum

I'm from Norway, so 300 bucks would be a steal here!
  10. Muziekschuur

Muziekschuur

Good stuff. Buy it \-/ Yeah...

Built like '80's Trace Elliot stuff... Peavey owns Trace. So they just build a whole lot of the same cabs to cut costs.... So these cabs are like Trace cabs. These where once the Rolls Royce of Rock 'n Roll...
  11. robertbruley

robertbruley

Picked it up today sound amazing and actually lighter in weight then i though it would be. i have it set up in my rig which follows the following path.

Bass: modded Rogue 5 string( forgot the model name) with MM Pickups

M audio Fast track Pro

Into the computer using Guitar Rig 5
    Guitar rig 5 (using there only bass amp simulator, which is modeled after the Ampeg SVT 4 Pro)

Out the Back of the Fast Track Pro into a behringer Europower PMX 2000( using it for the power amp and maybe depending on the room a little reverb) out at 250 watts RMS to the input on the cab.

It sounds amazing,
    as soon as i reduce the resolution on the pic ill upload it
  12. robertbruley

robertbruley

alright and here it is

Attached Files: