Peavey VIP VYPYR2

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by newmusicmichael, Apr 4, 2014.

1. newmusicmichael

newmusicmichael

You know, I have to say I'm really happy with my Peavey VIP VYPYR2 that I bought a couple months ago. Dialed my tone in pretty quick, and can save it as a preset. In fact, there's four presets for bass settings, so once I get my other bass upgraded, I can just have one of the others for the settings I want for it.

It replaced my Rumble 15 amp for practice sessions - and of course, is totally awesome as an all-in-one, because I can plug my electric in too when I want to work on that.

What I wasn't expecting, though, is that I took it to our cover band practice last Sunday, and thought it might be a bit weak (my other amp is a Hartke 300W 115c). But nope, punched through way better than I expected, don't think I had it turned over 4 at any point.

2. Thundar

Thundar Supporting Member

Great info! I had been wondering about these amps myself and its good to know it handles the bass as it is designed to do.

3. tubatodd

tubatodd Supporting Member

I have the Vyper VIP2 as well. It is a very impressive amp. I can't use the high gain electric guitar setting beyond a 1 or 2 in my house or I will go deaf.

The bass preset is a very low gain....almost no gain. If you raise the gain to a reasonable undistorted level, it will provide some very nice clean bass sound. The Peavey and Trace sounds are great and the compressor is very good.

I've yet to use it for a rehearsal but for the band I'm in, I'm sure it would do fine.

4. Orangeclawhammr

Orangeclawhammr Supporting Member

5. Register to disable this ad