1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Peavey vypr vip1

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Torkk, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Torkk

Torkk

Anyone have any experience this amp. I tried out a use one today and the low notes seem kinda farty. Its an open back amp and would there be anything that could tighten up the mud?

2. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Its a practice amp with low wattage and a small speaker, you're probably asking it to do more than it is capable of.

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

+1 and besides, it's marketed to be good for bass, electric, and acoustic gtr. No way it can be good at all 3.

4. Torkk

Torkk

True. Well Im looking for a practice/bedroom amp, I dont gig. I like to have effects on the amp like a modeling amp.

Without breaking the bank. Any good suggestions? I dont mind getting used as long as it good product

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

TC Electronics BG250. Comes in several sizes, from a 2x8, 2x10, 1x12, and 1x15, and has Tone Print options on board. Much better bass tone from this than that Vypyr, for sure.

7. Torkk

Torkk

ill check it out thanx

And I just did, ouch a little out of my price range. Looked around for used found a couple 15s for 250ish