1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

pedal board cable disaster

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Nephilymbass, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Nephilymbass

Nephilymbass Supporting Member

So i got tired of carrying stuff to shows in a backpack and having to hook everything up in a hurry so I just made a new homemade pedalboard today and the thing is it looked good IMO, at least before I hooked of all the cables of course. just curious what you guys are doing to hide cables. I don't really want a tilted/elevated pedalboard. was thinking about doing what I saw on marcus millers board with some black cloth. any other ideas?

Attached Files:

2. SuperTbass

SuperTbass Supporting Member

Not using 20' cables would be a start. Get yourself some 6" patch cables!

3. Nephilymbass

I have very small 1/4 cables actually, the bulk of the cable is power supply cables and the crazy long Ethernet cable to connect the pod to the foot controller.

4. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

+1 The shorter the path between pedals the better it is.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. SunnBass

SunnBass All these blankets saved my life. Supporting Member

Without elevation you will be hard pressed to hide the cables.
    Best way to do it would be to drill holes and route the cables under the board...
    but that requires some space under the board.

7. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

find a smaller Ethernet cable

8. bobdabilder

bobdabilder

I made my tilted board using 1x6 slats with gaps in them on the top so the cables tuck neatly in the slots. I put a powerstrip on the bottom with a daisy chain and cable exposure is mimimal. I will post pics tomorrow or monday. But its a tilt board

9. Happynoj

Happynoj

Make the board black and the black cables will show up less.

+1 on the shorter ethernet cable.

10. Nephilymbass

I ended up doing the Marcus miller deal with fabric covering the top half of the board for now. Ill definetly look into the other stuff been playing for 20+ years and just recently got into really using effects. In the past I've only used one or two pedals on the floor live so i never used a pedalboard before.