Pedal Board Choices

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by blacklariat09, Feb 11, 2013.

1. blacklariat09

blacklariat09

Hey guys,

I recently started the slippery slope of acquiring pedals and am interested in building a good board that's versatile. Right now I only play in a worship band but I also know some people who may be interested in some alternative style.

Right now I have
    Korg Pitchblack Tuner ->
    EHX Bass Big Muff Pi Deluxe ->
    W&C Phat Phuk B ->
    Tech21 SansAmp Bass Driver Programmable DI

I am looking at getting the following types of pedals
    Delay
    Reverb
    Chorus
    Compressor
    Graphical EQ

I am open to other pedals if I missed something here that's a must have. I really want a versatile pedal board with some good stuff but don't want to have a fortune in it. For the pedals above I was looking at

Delay - Boss DD-7 or TC Flashback
    Reverb - pretty open here
    Chorus - MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe or EBS Unachorus
    Compressor - MXR M87 Bass Compressor (also looking at the EHX Steel Leather expander as an option)
    Graphical EQ - Boss GEB-7 or MXR 6-Band (if I end up with the room may go for the MXR 10-band)

Interested to here what people think about the stuff above and especially what other pedals I may need to consider with consideration for what I already have.

Thanks guys.

2. truecanadian04

truecanadian04

I would go with mxr pedals and other pedals I would add is a wah and volume pedal. I would also look into a voodoo lab pedal board to power all those effects. Big muff pi bass is my favourite bass effect pedal. Lots of great pedals out there so try as many as you can.

3. bcplemons

bcplemons Supporting Member

Looks to me like you need an octave and an envelope filter. Awesome on their own or feeding the octave into the filter for some funky goodness.

4. blacklariat09

blacklariat09

I love the deluxe. The crossover is a cool added feature too. Pumping that and stacking with the Phat Phuk means the fuzz doesn't get lost in the band mix as easily too. It's a whole lot of win.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. My name is Mudd

My name is Mudd

TC Flashback...WAY too many options (a good thing!) and a looper. Winning.

Another option for limited space would be a Line 6 M5...does wonderful modulations, a SERIOUSLY good octave, and crappy dirt.

7. blacklariat09

blacklariat09

Sweet - I had been leaning flashback recently looks awesome. Just picked up a volume pedal and I think chorus and delay are the next two.

Space isn't an issue. This is my first board build and I am probably going to custom build one to the exact size I need. Going to borrow a pedaltrain jr until then which will hold a good bit if i don't put the BDDI on there.

8. Cornelius Dawse

Cornelius Dawse

If I had to get a reverb pedal, I would go with a Holy Grail, I've hear it's pretty good, and I don't like Boss stuff that much.
    But hey, it's up to you :D

9. blacklariat09

blacklariat09

I'm not a huge boss fan either (except for the style) but there is so much out there.

Definitely a lot of choices to work on picking some good stuff.