Pedal Board or Amp "Glob"

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by sm49341, Mar 24, 2014.

1. sm49341

sm49341

I run an SWR Amp head, and a MarkBass compressor and a tuner pedal. Looking to simplify my gig hookup. Its just a pain plugging in the power to every item, and cabling it. I guess my choices are pedal board with comp and tuner, or maybe a glob of my stuff all hooked together,
    My Amp is not rack mount, nor are the pedals. I'm thinking about adding some type of enclosure to the top of the amp, with a power strip, my two pedals fastened down. I dont need to run them w my feet, as the comp is on 100% of the time, and the tuner is , well, a tuner. Two benefits: one step hookup, and no pedal mess in front of me. Downside, well maybe a duchey appearance. i'm thinking my creation will double as a road case, as i've sustained damamge in the past to amps during travel/loading.
    Do others fight this hookup battle?

2. Big Benner

Big Benner

Media:
    Yup. It's one reason I went back to a combo (instead of a head + speaker cab) and a battery powered multi FX (BOSS ME-50B with tuner, compressor & more).

2x patch cables - from bass -> FX -> amp.

AC power cord to combo amp (Markbass 102P - 2x10", 350 watt).

And if needed, XLR DI from combo amp to front of house / PA.

Simple load in, set up & look.

3. JensCambre

JensCambre

I know the feeling, it used to take me forever to set my gear up.

what I do:
    - use a combo amp (marshall mb4410 which I put weels under): no more head and speakers to hookup and stuff...

- pedaltrain one: I plug it into the effects loop of the amp, but the cables I use for it, are always plugged into the board and are taped together... so it's as if I only have to take one cable an plug it into the back of the amp and I'm ready...

by doing this, I'm always set up in under 2 minutes...

4. jtroska

jtroska

My pedal board is very simple. Tuner>Overdrive>Compressor>Chorus. And I don't even need the chorus pedal.

I Velcro-ed them to a PedalTrain Mini board along with a Sanyo Pedal Juice rechargeable power supply.

I don't even have to plug the board into a wall outlet. I just set it on the floor and turn on the Pedal Juice.

So it's bass to self-powered pedal board to amp. Clean and simple.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Happynoj

Happynoj

Can you rack mount the head?

If you can, I would put it in a rack with an extendable rack shelf. Velcro the pedals to the shelf so that you can slide them out if you want to adjust settings/tune.